No announcement yet.
X

Okay so her's another Exhaust Q

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I love the way the D&Ds sound. I may have to replace the Yoshi with a D&D stainless setup.

Comment

Yoshi Pipe Slip on

I want a Yoshi cause it matches the theme of my bike which I did all in Kangi lettering. I also need a jet it stage 1 or 3 or both? I also want a K&N Filter. What are some things I need to worry about I have a deal for all at 458.00 usd shipped. I'll have my dealer install the jet kit I think. ha-ha

Comment

exhaust

Is carb re-jetting needed for a slip-on or only when installing a full exhaust system? Any info?

Comment

I'm wondering why anyone would take off the stock muffler and exchange it for another. I can understand if the bike has been down and the muffler received damage. I've listened to the dyno tests and they all sound the same to me. I am a guitar player and guitar playing paid for my 2006 Kat 750 this summer. So I do know sound. Is it for added horsepower? Just curious. Go easy on me, new here but average 500-plus miles per week on my bike.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

you DO NOT need to rejet with a slipon,

you MUST rejet if you purchase a full exhaust with the headers and everything

as for your question zuma, Exhaust changes the note of your bike drastically. Go on youtube and type in 'exhaust before and after' and look for a sportbike video. Slipons do provide HP and Torque gains but they are so minimal you wont really notice (1-3HP, 1-4ftTQ), they DO however save you about 10-15lbs in weight which is a decent ammount for a bike that only weighs around 400lbs-ish

A full system gives you improved performance because it switches your restrictive headers with full open headers. You can achieve similar results by grinding down the massive welds suzuki put on your headers. Remember engines are just big air pumps. It also saves you 20-30lbs depending on the brand and if your lucky enough

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
              you DO NOT need to rejet with a slipon,

you MUST rejet if you purchase a full exhaust with the headers and everything

as for your question zuma, Exhaust changes the note of your bike drastically. Go on youtube and type in 'exhaust before and after' and look for a sportbike video. Slipons do provide HP and Torque gains but they are so minimal you wont really notice (1-3HP, 1-4ftTQ), they DO however save you about 10-15lbs in weight which is a decent ammount for a bike that only weighs around 400lbs-ish

A full system gives you improved performance because it switches your restrictive headers with full open headers. You can achieve similar results by grinding down the massive welds suzuki put on your headers. Remember engines are just big air pumps. It also saves you 20-30lbs depending on the brand and if your lucky enough
              That's is a great, informative post, I agree with everything in it.

Originally posted by BPSNC View Post
              I want a Yoshi cause it matches the theme of my bike which I did all in Kangi lettering. I also need a jet it stage 1 or 3 or both? I also want a K&N Filter. What are some things I need to worry about I have a deal for all at 458.00 usd shipped. I'll have my dealer install the jet kit I think. ha-ha
              I suggest you save the money on the jet kit and buy yourself a friggin clue. K&N is about the worst thing you can put on a Katana.
              Last edited by arsenic; 01-15-2008, 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

exhaust replacement

Zuma...looks,weight reduction, and a little different sound.
                Ed & Arsenic-thanks for the reply...

Comment

I asked a similar question and just want to check again.At these dealers ,if you order a slip does the middle pipe come with it or do you have to order this.I don't think the slip on fits without the middle pipe????

Comment

im pretty sure every slipon comes with a midpipe unless they are scaming you or your buying it used from some dude who bent his in a wreck they are usually polished up really nice so it dosent look so tacky when you have a new slipon and a rusty old midpipe

Like i said earlier, I highly suggest going to parts411.com (i posted a link previously in this thread) ...If you want cheap you cant beat a scorpion for 240, they have yosh which are quieter and D&D for 217 if you like louder with a low grumble.

Thanks for the positive remarks chris, i learned it from someone very wise .

Comment

royal distributing had a round scorpion can in stock but it was 420.00. im going to order 1 from motorcycle super store it was 278.00 even with duty & shipping should be cheaper

Comment

Working...
                      X