Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Krazy Kreations Undertail - 56K BEWARE!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krazy Kreations Undertail - 56K BEWARE!!

I am posting up these pics at the request of a KR member looking for some ideas on the KK undertail. This by know means is a 'how-to' but rather just a look at the end result of my install of a KK undertail. I would be more than happy to answer any questions about installing the KK undertail to the best of my ability...

Last thing, please excuse/ignore the dirt and chain lube thrown up on the underside of the undertail...

2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
    2008 GSXR 600

Ignore the dirt and chain lube????? bikes were made for riding not just polish and put away. Looks great. One of the mods I plan to do next year.
    "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I like the twin brake lights. cool
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lehbs View Post
        Ignore the dirt and chain lube????? bikes were made for riding not just polish and put away. Looks great. One of the mods I plan to do next year.
        I couldn't agree with you more... that bikes are for riding, I put just over 8,000 miles on my bike this year. I love to ride, but when I am going to photograph her, I would like to clean her up and make her look her best. That's all... but I was just snapping some quick shots for someone else to use as reference.

I do wish I had a garage to keep her in during the winter though
        2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
        2008 GSXR 600

Comment

What did you do to get the twin tail lights?
          "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Lehbs View Post
            What did you do to get the twin tail lights?
            2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
            2008 GSXR 600

Comment

that's a slick mod! but seriously, who uses 56k anymore
              1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
                that's a slick mod! but seriously, who uses 56k anymore
                You might be surprised... For general web browsing 56K isn't bad. So many people have switched to cable and DSL that it has really cleared up the 56K world and it actually cruises surprisingly well... as long as it isn't too picture intensive
                2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
                2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Nice look!
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

yeah that looks great, thanks again

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that installing the aftermarket undertail you lose all/most of the storage under the seat, from those pics it looks like that isn't the case?
                      Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Shame that can't be used on my '02, the model for my year keeps the Baboons' bum taillight
                        Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
                          I thought I read somewhere that installing the aftermarket undertail you lose all/most of the storage under the seat, from those pics it looks like that isn't the case?
                          No, you dont lose any space at all.

All you do when you install the KK under tail is cut the stock undertail right after the tab is where the took kit straps onto.
                          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                          18v Rigid Drill
                          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

damn thats sexy, cant wait for mine to show up=) looks like the paint matched up really well!

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
                              Shame that can't be used on my '02, the model for my year keeps the Baboons' bum taillight
                              Reconstyle is absolutely correct, you loose no storage space, if anything - I gained a little I put my cell phone charger in the rear part of the tail near the back of the lights. There is no reason you couldn't do this mod Grumpy, just takes a little more effort... If you look closely you real recognize my Kat is a 2000 (look at the front fender ) You can put the 03 and up rear fairing on the 98-02 Kats, from what I understand there are a couple holes that don't match up but it shouldn't be an issue, especially if you are going to do the KK undertail. Those holes that don't allign would be getting cut off anyway. I did the conversion before I decided to do the KK undertail though and I got the 03 and up stock battery tray/fender/undertail so the holes would allign correctly with the 03 and up rear fairing

2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
                              2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Working...
                              X