X

The Mesh Mod Begins....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackburnD
    Careful there... I somehow magically glueed a damn towel to our table... The woman was not happy...
    2002 GSX-R750
    2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

One more thing, where do you buy that quicksteel stuff from?

looks really great man, i like it
      2002 GSX-R750
      2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Home Depot or Lowes with have a bunch of those products. In my opinion 3M makes the best epoxies/glues etc. I used JB Weld for temp fixes and stuff like that back in the day but after trying the 3M stuff there's no going back.
        Mario
        91 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Jabara57
          One more thing, where do you buy that quicksteel stuff from?

looks really great man, i like it
          I got the Quick Steel from Advanced Auto. Works just like putty. Real easy.
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by JaxKat

I got the Quick Steel from Advanced Auto. Works just like putty. Real easy.

Sweet, thanks for info guys, ill definetely have to buy some of that!
            2002 GSX-R750
            2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

I just used silicone. Not caulk or tub tile sealer-100% silicone. Works great and holds perfect. It can be cut off too, so it doesn't have to be permanent.
              Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Damn... Its WINTER again ... The fairings are still on my diningroom table. Too damn cold out in the garage to assemble it . I have to wait til like next week when the weather breaks, to get the Kat put back together... UGHHHH! I hate springtime SNOW!!!
                dont give me that crap. you have a garage get a space heater. I was out in the sub 30 degree temps working on mine in the rain.

Took the fairings off saturday when it was nice out. once I finished up installing the new oil cooler it started raining. did the mesh inside and let the glue set up over night. Waited for a break in the rain sunday to reinstall. Of course once I get them out there it starts raining. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
                  Damn... Its WINTER again ... The fairings are still on my diningroom table. Too damn cold out in the garage to assemble it . I have to wait til like next week when the weather breaks, to get the Kat put back together... UGHHHH! I hate springtime SNOW!!!
                  dont give me that crap. you have a garage get a space heater. I was out in the sub 30 degree temps working on mine in the rain.

Took the fairings off saturday when it was nice out. once I finished up installing the new oil cooler it started raining. did the mesh inside and let the glue set up over night. Waited for a break in the rain sunday to reinstall. Of course once I get them out there it starts raining. Oh well.
                  Ok ok ... Would you accept that I didn't have any time to do it then?
                  I was working more than 40hrs Overtime that week ... But now its together and I wanna ride ... Oh damn... it's snowing ... Can't wait for this weekend to get here with that M.I.A. SUN ...
                  "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                  Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php

Comment

The gold looks nice good job
                    "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Looks really great. Whats next?
                      My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by StoneJrW
                        Looks really great. Whats next?
                        Probably a new pipe and metalic gold flames, look in my profile for the mods.

Comment

I picked up all the supplies for this mod today. Only $42.00CAD

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Originally posted by sirpsycho6xy
                            I picked up all the supplies for this mod today. Only $42.00CAD
                            Good luck... Could you tell me where these three bolt sets go???

One of the MANY problems that I ran into, was not remembering where each of the three pairs of the smallest bolts went... Had two small bolts with rubber washers, two small bolts with steel washers, & two small bolts with no washers... Hmmmm... where do they go?

I put the rubber washered ones in the Third Eye panel ... The Steel washered bolts in the Windscreen rubber gromits that seem to just turn rather than tighten ... & The empty bolts up under the headlights in the Kat's chin . Speaking of the chin... is there an easier way to remove those dang push pins under the chin . Hurt the Heck out of my fingers. That's Tight as Heck.

Oh yeah ... did I mention that I got it all put together ... Just after pushing those Pushpins to lock them in ... I saw both of the TURNSIGNAL WIRES HANGING there . UUUGGGHHH!!!! Had to remove the whole left side but was able to reach the right side while it was installed . Thank God! Can't wait for the next mod now.

Comment

I just threw those pushpins away. they suck.

Comment

JaxKat....Thanks for the heads up on the different bolts. That tells me I should map out and mark every bolt as I remove them. My bolt set will be identical as I also have an 06 750. I`ll post up once they`re off.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Working...
                                X