X

fixed most problems only 1 left -_-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed most problems only 1 left -_-

well i had fixed almost all my darn problems on my kat now and it seems to run fine, warms up fine and everything, but every now and than when i start slowing down and put it in neutral or 1st gear even when holding the clutch it just cuts off and than i have to apply choke to turn it on and i dont understand why this is happening, i had cleaned the carbs, from what i can tell i have to re clean the carbs and or buy a new petcock? if any1 knows what i should do id appreciate it thanks!! also forgot to mention sometime it just doesnt accept the accelerator at all like id rev it up but it just like bogs and shuts off
    Last edited by ludiboris; 09-15-2012, 10:50 PM.

how fresh is the fuel ??
    Regardlless I would add some Sea Foam fuel treatment and see if the issue goes away
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

What is your Idle set at? Probably should bump your idle up along with checking the fuel.

Comment

the fuel is brand new and i added seafoam to it for the 2nd time i alredy used up 1 full tank, my idle sits at 900 rpm when the bike is warmed up, should i be puting on higher?

Comment

Originally posted by ludiboris View Post
          the fuel is brand new and i added seafoam to it for the 2nd time i alredy used up 1 full tank, my idle sits at 900 rpm when the bike is warmed up, should i be puting on higher?
          yeah

Comment

I think it should be idling between 1200&1300 rpms. Thats for the pre kats not sure about post. I am sure its over 900 though.
            Last edited by jmd32477; 09-16-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

ic ic, whats the usual rpm you all keep on yours? i have a 1999 kat

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                yeah it should be around 1100
                Fixed that for you

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                  Fixed that for you
                  You didn't "fix it". It's the same answer, you just added info I didn't feel like adding.

Comment

well i did set up my rpm's higher and bike does work better, but every now and than mid drive when i accelerate it wont do nothing it just loses out on power and it just shuts off and than i have to use choke to start the bike up and run it under choke a few mins before i can drive it normal again, any info on this. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X