X

hooking up clear alternatives integrated taillight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hooking up clear alternatives integrated taillight

can anyone walk me through hooking up the integrated taillights?

very easy look on there site should take about 5 mins

Comment

hope that helps

Comment

what do you need to know? Did mine two weeks ago very simple!!! not trying to be a smart arse!!!! You will not use both wires that go to each turn signal!! One from each turn signal!! I did not use the rezisters!!
        Lance
        2005 Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by cancun black dog
          I did not use the rezisters!!
          how fast do they blink?

Comment

yes, the link does help a lot... thanks... the confusing part is how to hook up the flasher unit... where is the stock one?

Comment

Originally posted by robm
              yes, the link does help a lot... thanks... the confusing part is how to hook up the flasher unit... where is the stock one?
              the flasher unit?

ok...I am confused...the flasher modual is built into the wiring...no external flasher rquired...unless you are talking about something completely different

Comment

check the link

... I ordered it because it was free and I wasn't sure if I needed it

Comment

ummm...you dont really need that...the stock flasher is under the seat...along with the other electronics...you would remove the stock flasher and plug that on in to the harness somewhere...I am not sure where....good luck with that (just wire in the resistors)

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                    ummm...you dont really need that...the stock flasher is under the seat...along with the other electronics...you would remove the stock flasher and plug that on in to the harness somewhere...I am not sure where....good luck with that (just wire in the resistors)
                    According to the instructions at the C.A. website, you still need the stock flasher for some functions; all you do is pop a few wires out of the stock housing, then reinstall the stock unit. The newly freed wires plug into the new flasher unit, you do some other hocus-pocus, and bam: secure your new flasher because you're ready to ride.

Comment

Working...
                    X