Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anybody want to split a package of Optilux 2020 lights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to split a package of Optilux 2020 lights?

I was thinking about installing one on the kat, just below the headlights, either on the underside of the fairing, cut into the nose piece, or attached to the metal bracket over the fender between the forks. Wanted to see if someone wanted to go halves with me on this, since they're always sold in pairs.

OptiLux 2020:
    Made by Hella, the Optilux 2020 is a low-profile, wide, two-in-one light. The light casing is 2" high (2.4" with the mounting bracket as supplied), and contains both a Fog lamp and a driving light, with separate bulbs and reflectors inside the single casing. More info from the manufacturer here:Optilux 2020.

Figure the stock control switch needs to be replaced with a weather-proof version (if you want to control it via a switch), or they could be to be slaved into the headlight circuits via relays.

A pair will be about $65 with shipping from most sources, so figure $40 and you get the wiring and stock relay, or $25 and I keep the wiring and stock relay.

OF NOTE: you may want to check your clearance space after full shock compression to ensure that you have enough space to mount this light safely. Standard clearance should be just enough to not damage the light by my calculations... I'm planning on cutting down the bracket some to reduce the total mounting height...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

I may be interested, let me check my clearance, and get back to you.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I for one am looking to see the final product once you've got it all wired up. You can never have too much light cruising around on those dark counrty nights.
      Kyle

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of adding the Optilux 1000 fog lights to my existing Piaa 1100 driving lights. I think they're small enough to fit them under the fairings next to the Piaa's.

This way the driving lights turn on with the high beams and the fog lights stay on with the dipped beam.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

hhmm, interesting idea.. I'd like to see the finished product myself.

Comment

Working...
          X