No announcement yet.
X

Broke my crash cherry....56k beware

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After looking at the scene I realized how lucky I really was. Both my friends behind me that saw it didn't expect me to walk away from it. I guess the soft ground really helped take most of the impact and slow me and the bike down pretty quick. Turns out I still made it about 270 feet.

Comment

The engine cover looks like it has a hole but it turns out it doesn't, my friend picked the bike up and rode it back onto the road. GO SUZUKI!!!

Comment

Man oh Man.... that rocks. How did your underwear fair in that accident?

Comment

you mean you could't make that turn at 100....

Glad you didn't break your neck dude. Ride safe
          Darren Drennan
          Alexander, Arkansas
          06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

I'm glad you're OK. BTW, welcome to the "I wiped out on my bike" club.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Have to admit..not so glad to be a member of this one, but thanks for having me.

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
                Have to admit..not so glad to be a member of this one, but thanks for having me.
                No offense, but if you're not glad to be a member of the club why does it seem like you wanted to join so badly. If you were trying to kill yourself on public roads at least you did it on what appears to be a fairly barren road away from other innocent people.

It seems like KR members haven gotten rather lax when it comes to commenting on these kinds of actions. I remember when I first joined you'd get your head bit off for stuff not even half as bad as what you did. Whatever though, like I said if you want to try and commit suicide do it somewhere you don't have the posibility of taking out an innocent person in the process.
                Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                girls = yammah
                yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

glad your OK.

now, for the schooling. how many times have we seen this ? hmmm.
                  too many. a rookie mistake for sure. for all of you reading this thread that havn't bought keith codes TOTWII - go buy it. also read sportriding techniques ( talks about 'the pace' )

rookie ? i don't care how many miles you've riden - it's what you do in panic situations ( and how you prevent getting into this situation ) that defines your riding skill.

If you've come in too hot grabbing the brakes is the LAST thing you should have done ( the first would have been wearing proper gear ).

too hot into a corner ? look through the corner, drop your inside shoulder and pray your tires hold. EVERYTHING else is going to end up like this.

POINT #2: if you don't know the road then running over a buck is just plain stupid.

i joined the club about 20 years ago - live & learn.

tim

btw: how does your profile picture of the silver bike scan with
                  the red fairing in the crash pic ?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                    Originally posted by AkBigN
                    No offense, but if you're not glad to be a member of the club why does it seem like you wanted to join so badly. If you were trying to kill yourself on public roads at least you did it on what appears to be a fairly barren road away from other innocent people.

It seems like KR members haven gotten rather lax when it comes to commenting on these kinds of actions. I remember when I first joined you'd get your head bit off for stuff not even half as bad as what you did. Whatever though, like I said if you want to try and commit suicide do it somewhere you don't have the posibility of taking out an innocent person in the process.
                    Thanks for the tip. Everybody has all the answers when it didn't happen to them.

Comment

you're a squid.

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                        i see three bikes.the avatar,profile and crashed bike?

Comment

Curious about this also...haha

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                            glad your OK.

now, for the schooling. how many times have we seen this ? hmmm.
                            too many. a rookie mistake for sure. for all of you reading this thread that havn't bought keith codes TOTWII - go buy it. also read sportriding techniques ( talks about 'the pace' )

rookie ? i don't care how many miles you've riden - it's what you do in panic situations ( and how you prevent getting into this situation ) that defines your riding skill.

If you've come in too hot grabbing the brakes is the LAST thing you should have done ( the first would have been wearing proper gear ).

too hot into a corner ? look through the corner, drop your inside shoulder and pray your tires hold. EVERYTHING else is going to end up like this.

POINT #2: if you don't know the road then running over a buck is just plain stupid.

i joined the club about 20 years ago - live & learn.

tim

1. by the time I saw that the turn was decreasing radius, I had a little time to brake before I had to lean harder into the turn. I slowed down as much as possible and then leaned in as much as possible (as you suggest above) and hoped for the best. The best didn't happen. I HAVE ridden the road twice before but it is 30 miles long and I hadn't memorized all 30 miles yet. I missed the sign for the corner and came in to fast, period. I had two very experienced riders behind me who were complmenting me on my corners up until that and both said that I took the corner the best I could have with the speed that I was going. I know that everybody has an answer that could have prevented the accident. But understand that you were not there and everything is not always as simple as it seems. I know what mistakes I made and I have learned from them for sure. I am also learning from the 4 other bike accidents that happened this weekend (yes 5 in one weekend). While I do appreciate some friendly advice and suggestions, I don't think people should be so hard on everybody. "He who be without sin cast the first stone" kind of deal.

2. I have read the book

3. I had a full face helmet, steel toe leather boots, Full leather jacket, gloves, and long johns with jeans. The only thing I could have put on for "proper gear" is riding pants. Turns out that none of my clothing tore up enough to make it to my skin. More gear would have done nothing.

4. I have a 97 Kat (silver/blueflames) which is in my profile. The bike in the picture (and the crash) is my "new" 01 GSX-R 750.

Comment

avatar and profile are the same bike.

Comment

Originally posted by sonny
                                you're a squid.

Comment

Working...
                                X