Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Swapped plugs btw cyl 2 + 4 now it idles...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped plugs btw cyl 2 + 4 now it idles...

Thats right. Got her fired up yesterday after installing the Factory Pro (wasnt sure how it ran prior) and cylinder 2's header pipe was no where near as hot as the rest. Today, suspecting a bad plug or bad cable (cause i KNEW the carbs are clean) I swapped the plugs from 2 to 4 and all of a sudden it idled pretty normal. Still a little twitchy but I think a sync will fix that. I even took it down the street and it SCREAMS!!

So what do you think happened? I def made sure the wires were firm on the plugs yesterday so its not like i did that wrong. You think maybe the wire on plug #2 is just sketchy? That ever happen?

Not sure I'm trusting it too much right now but we'll see after I replace the plugs and wires.

FYI- Factory Pro needles 3rd clip down, pilot screws 2.5 out, floats 14mm, 112.5 mains.
    1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
    1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

You were probably fouling on one of the cylinders, and moving the plug cleared up the fouling. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back... and you should probably consider cleaning your carbs.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I think it will come back also.
      American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Thats what I thought too but when I remove the plug there was no fuel and no black anything on it. I just put it back in and tried again and it was still cool. Thats why I wanted to swap to see if anything happened.

Ill run it again tomorrow and see if it happens again...
        1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
        1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Working...
        X