X

stolen plate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stolen plate

I came out this morning to find my plate gone . So I call the cops to let them know and they tell me not to worry that it happens all the time. So off I go to the DMV to get a new plate and spend $30 (I was going to put that money to a good pair of riding gloves). Who ever took the plate took there time because they put the plate screws back in and tightend them up. I don't know if they realize but the plate expire at the end of this month and I have the new sticker so if they plan on using it they have 7 days left.

The new plate is on and has a 69 on it my GF just roled her eyes when I showed her that. the plate is now screwed on and also has a zip tie on it as well.

Re: stolen plate

Originally posted by andrehendricken
    I came out this morning to find my plate gone . So I call the cops to let them know and they tell me not to worry that it happens all the time. So off I go to the DMV to get a new plate and spend $30 (I was going to put that money to a good pair of riding gloves). Who ever took the plate took there time because they put the plate screws back in and tightend them up. I don't know if they realize but the plate expire at the end of this month and I have the new sticker so if they plan on using it they have 7 days left.

The new plate is on and has a 69 on it my GF just roled her eyes when I showed her that. the plate is now screwed on and also has a zip tie on it as well.
    Sucks to hear, but good idea with the zip tie. nobody can remove them

Probably someone that just jacked a bike, and needed a different "clean plate" to ride for a while.

I used to work with a guy that had his personal plate (tarzn) stolen 6 times. He finally just gave up and bought a standard issue plate. he had it stolen 3 times from the same parking lot

Comment

Ignore whatever idiot at the police station you talked to, physically go to the station and file a report (include the fact that your mounting screws were back in place). Then take a copy of the report to the tag office.

This will provide two, possibly three benefits:
      (A) If the tag gets used in a crime, you'll be much less suspect.
      (B) In most states, police report in hand, they'll refund you the plate fee (hey, that's $30 back in your pocket, and those riding gloves you wanted).
      (C) And just possibly, depending on how your insurance policy is written, the $30 you paid may be included towards your deductible on the next claim you have to file.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Back in college I came out of class one day to find my plate was gone on my Rebel. I called the cops, filed a report with them, and then went got a new plate. Unfortunately in my case I had just renewed the registration so if that punk that stole it did try and use it, he had a years worth of registration to play with.

Comment

wow that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
          You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

alls i can say is good luck getting mine off...the turnsignals have to be removed to get at the plate bolts...then they need two wrenches to loosen the bolts and the lock tite holding them on

Comment

I may replace the plate screws with lock nuts and bolts.

Comment

Connect the plate to the battery
                Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X