X

Bike will not start in neutral with kickstand down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike will not start in neutral with kickstand down

I have a 1989 GSX 600 F Katana and as the title says, I cannot get it to start with the kickstand down. I have already replaced the neutral sensor on the side of the transmission next to the front sprocket. And I also have a new kickstand sensor, although I don't know why it would be that. My neutral light doesn't come on, however with it being an older bike, the light could just be burnt out. Any ideas? Thanks ahead!

Originally posted by RelentlessSpork View Post
    I have a 1989 GSX 600 F Katana and as the title says, I cannot get it to start with the kickstand down. I have already replaced the neutral sensor on the side of the transmission next to the front sprocket. And I also have a new kickstand sensor, although I don't know why it would be that. My neutral light doesn't come on, however with it being an older bike, the light could just be burnt out. Any ideas? Thanks ahead!
    If the neutral light isn't coming on and your having the issues described, then it's more likely you have a failure in the system somewhere that is triggering the cut out on the kickstand safety switch.

I'd trace down the circuit, with a tester. It's cheaper than just buying parts.

Wiring diagram is avail on website for download for free.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So after tracking some wires today, I found that the single wire coming from the neutral switch goes to this pigtail, and I cannot seem to find on the bike or on the internet, where it is supposed to plug in, any ideas?

It won't let me paste the link from mobile, I'll upload as soon as I can
      Last edited by RelentlessSpork; 06-01-2017, 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by RelentlessSpork View Post
        So after tracking some wires today, I found that the single wire coming from the neutral switch goes to this pigtail, and I cannot seem to find on the bike or on the internet, where it is supposed to plug in, any ideas?

It won't let me paste the link from mobile, I'll upload as soon as I can
        Pretty sure the other end that it plugs too will be in a bundle of plugs, covered by a plastic "boot"... I'd check there first.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X