X

2005 kat 600 no power to anything but clock. WONT EVEN TURN ON PLZ HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 kat 600 no power to anything but clock. WONT EVEN TURN ON PLZ HELP

Hey guys hopefully I get a response on here. Anyways, I was leaving work the other day when all of a sudden 10 minutes in my ride, the bike shut off and would not come back on! NO POWER AT ALL when I turn the key on. It's done it once before and it turned out to be a faulty ignition switch. But this time it seems not to be the case I ordered another new one and the problem persists. I've checked the battery (12.1-12.2 V) and replaced the 30Amp fuse on the main relay thingy. Still no power. Maybe a short somewhere in my wiring harness? I am stumped so hopefully someone can help. before I pay for a towing fee and a mechanics fee of up to 800 bucks for something stupid.
    Last edited by CreedAllen; 05-13-2017, 07:38 PM.

Start checking for continuity using your meter. Start at the + terminal of the battery and trace it up from the post to the switch. This will tell you where (if) there is a broken/burnt line. Many meters can be set to beep when you have continuity.

Think plumbing...you have a 'clog' somewhere or a broken pipe.

Comment

Check all fuses, check all ground points. The bike has 2 ground wires that lead away from the negative battery terminal.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Have a peek at some YT vids on how to test for continuity

Comment

Naw, starter relay 30amp fuse..
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Naw, starter relay 30amp fuse..
            30 amp fuse is good

Comment

If I remover right, some found a bad or disconnect plug under the tank. Here is some posts on the issue you're having https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...=katriders.com
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
              X