X

am i missing anything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i missing anything

I have been on the path of going over the bike to make sure its safe. This is what I have done.
    1. Changed front and rear tires
    2. Cleaned, lubed and adjusted chain
    3. Removed electrical tape that was used to adjust the clutch cable
    4. Adjusted clutch correctly
    5. Checked brakes.
    6. Changed headlight
    7. Adjusted headlight.(it was pointing at the ground)
    8. Replaced all reused cotter pins
    9 checked suspension (visually it looked ok?)
    10. Tightened loose bolts,screwsand nuts.
    11. Changed oil
    Is there anything i am missing that I should check? When I was putting the fairings back on I plugged the turn signal in and when I tried it , it did not blink. ThenI noticed there was another set of wires and they where the right ones. So whats the other 2 wires for? I was able to download a picture from my phone for the avatar. Looking forward to this winter the kat could use a paint job! Looks good from a distance if you like gold lol.

Originally posted by jmd32477 View Post
    I have been on the path of going over the bike to make sure its safe. This is what I have done.
    1. Changed front and rear tires
    2. Cleaned, lubed and adjusted chain
    3. Removed electrical tape that was used to adjust the clutch cable
    4. Adjusted clutch correctly
    5. Checked brakes.
    6. Changed headlight
    7. Adjusted headlight.(it was pointing at the ground)
    8. Replaced all reused cotter pins
    9 checked suspension (visually it looked ok?)
    10. Tightened loose bolts,screwsand nuts.
    11. Changed oil
    Is there anything i am missing that I should check? When I was putting the fairings back on I plugged the turn signal in and when I tried it , it did not blink. ThenI noticed there was another set of wires and they where the right ones. So whats the other 2 wires for? I was able to download a picture from my phone for the avatar. Looking forward to this winter the kat could use a paint job! Looks good from a distance if you like gold lol.
    I would suggest you download the manual, check out the "service limits" for all maintenance items, and do them all now (as pretty much most everything is probably past limits, and who knows what the PO did.)

Things to consider... replace brake fluids and lines and valve adjustments for example.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks krey. I have the manual. Will look it up. Seems to me the valves are in need of adjustment. I am pretty sure i could do it I am just afraid to touch the carbs. Its runnin pretty good at the moment. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jmd32477 View Post
        ...So whats the other 2 wires for?...
        Provided you're talking about the pair of wires by the right side of the headlight, those are accessory power for whatever you want to use them for.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          Provided you're talking about the pair of wires by the right side of the headlight, those are accessory power for whatever you want to use them for.
          Those are the ones. Thanks Wild Bill.

Comment

Working...
          X