Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

front forks dont go up more then 3/8 on upper triple tree!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front forks dont go up more then 3/8 on upper triple tree!

i was trying to drop my front a inch because i just installed lowering links and it only dropped 3/8 i loosened all 6 bolts in front held front brake down and it only dropped a little..... i was noticing that on the upper triple tree it seems that the holes are much smaller and wont allow the forks to come out any higher has anybody ever ran or heard about this???? pls help

its on a 2006 katana 750
    Last edited by KatanaStud; 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I aint riding my kat im pulling magic trix out of my hat!
    «on the soccer field of course»

Difficult to say for sure without seeing the bike but at a guess the front axle bolt is still tight so the forks are pinched in slightly at the bottom & therfore spread slightly at the top so they wont move up, happens on a lot of bikes.

loosen the wheel & with the bike supported properly try again
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

na bro all six screw were loose basicly almost out i was like wth you know where they are suppose to stick out on top by ignition they shox or forks wtev theyr called look bigger then the actual hole

so it seems to me that thats y it wont budge anymore cuz theyre already hitting the upper tiple tree....idk man frustrating

Last edited by KatanaStud; 09-13-2012, 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What you are saying makes no sense to me. Can you post pictures?
        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Is something binding on the forks? How are you supporting the bike while the triples are loose?
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ill post pics later tonight

Comment

woah an inch lowering thats alot hope you know what youre doing to the handling
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

The triple tree on a post won't allow the forks to pass all the way through as on the pre - as identified in the original post. The holes in the triple tree are lipped to make them smaller than the fork diameter. I suppose if you really wanted to lower the front, you could have the triple tree holes machined.

Comment

ive managed to push the forks probably 10cm up while adjusting them without issues on my post, without problem but if you push on them on an angle they will bind.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

An inch is a lot brah, the bike's fighting back.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

More than 3/4" through the triples and hard parts start hitting.

Jus sayn...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Trput you ansered my question exacttly what i meant it wont go any further up!

I did not know that it couldnt go past ive been reading on here about installing links in rear that u should also lower front i was sure it would go past upper triple tree by reading up but guess its difrent on post my next question is if i installed the links already on highest setting would it be ok with the front just droppn 3/8 i am just a cruiser not a speeder,,,,,,
                        Last edited by KatanaStud; 09-13-2012, 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i didnt have trouble lowerin mine. my front is just a lil past an inch.
                          Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

What year is yours o311?

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaStud View Post
                              What year is yours o311?
                              ... and is it a 600 or 750?

Part #5 - "Holder" on my '05 has a slightly lipped upper surface in the fork tube holes that will not allow the tube to pass completely through it. Perhaps this varied slightly between years / models???

Of course, a photo would be better ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                              Last edited by TRPUT; 09-14-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X