X

Winter time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silcoxa View Post
    This will be my first winter riding a bike. Other morning was like 48 degrees, and with jacket doing like 75 or 80 on interstate not too bad with windbreaker. My legs and hands got a little cold, so going to get me some winter gear this weekend. Hoping to ride it almost year round here in NC.

Oh it's a 45 min commute from work to home.
    Year round riding ain't to bad here in the carolinas. You just got to keep the wind from getting to you. The only issue i have in the winter is with my hands. I cant stand the bulky insulated gloves.

And to answer the original question, I ride year round

Comment

Heated gear for me! Works wonders!!!
      99 Ford F150 4x4
      04 Mustang GT
      2010 Camaro SS
      06 GSX600F
      sigpic

Comment

I live in canuskistan .... so here's your answer
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

Canuskistan? Oh,right! I think I get it. Forgive me,I'm welsh!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ratrider View Post
            Canuskistan? Oh,right! I think I get it. Forgive me,I'm welsh!

it's OK .. I'm french
            Guylaine
            Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post

it's OK .. I'm french
              But she's never been to France!
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Year round. As long as no snow or ice ill ride. Not as much enjoyable being bundled up but love riding and saving gas as much as possible. Ride on....

Comment

Ride on aye! I've had serious pain after some cold weather jaunts but ain't put off even after riding since childhood. Good gear/kit is a help and nice but even if you ain't got the best, at least it keeps you in touch with nature! Stop,hold exh.aust and then direct into your clothing
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                    But she's never been to France!
                    The prettiest ladies I've seen/been with, so far on my journies throughout NE NA have been from Quebec. I was blessed with "eye candy" there this past summer. La Belle Provence!!!!! France should go to West.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

my coldest commute here inn north ga so far was a balmy 48 degrees the other day .i was getting cold by the time i got to work . my trip is only 18 miles,,,,,,,,,i would like to think i can ride on into the fall . but im thinking about 45 degrees being my lowest acceptable temp for the morning ride.
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

We regularly see wind chills in the -20 f area. Snow can be a problem as it won't burn off for weeks. Winters are reasonably dry, though. If it stays dry, I see daytime riding as a possibility at least prbably through Nov. I bought some insulated coveralls and snowpants and a down lined parka, so I plan to ride as long as possible. My cage gets about 17mpg on highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                          The prettiest ladies I've seen/been with, so far on my journies throughout NE NA have been from Quebec. I was blessed with "eye candy" there this past summer. La Belle Provence!!!!! France should go to West.

+1000 to that slofuze. I have not been very far lol. I have been from Ontario to the east cost, did the loop around lake Erie from Detroit back around to Niagara Falls, the Turks and Caicos, Dominican, From What I have encountered Quebec is the only place I would not hesitate to go back to just for that reason.
                          2002 750 Kat
                          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                          X