X

91 katana fuel gauge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 katana fuel gauge

Hey guys I am new to this site, I have a 91 katana 600cc, everything works perfectly on the bike including speedo and rpm gauge. But my fuel gauge does not. I pretty much fill up every 100 miles but it would be nice if it worked. Any ideas on what would be the problem?? Thanks!

Is it plugged in?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

it should be. To be honest i haven't looked, but the person I bought it from had mentioned it worked a few times and then it stopped.

Comment

I would check that first.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Do what Scotty suggested..... but to be honest, your trip-meter is a better guage to go by.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

'02 600 and mine was working weird. Up and down. Took tank off and PO had the metal clip electric taped and was loose. Replaced clip and works like New. Def check that area. Possibly float on inside stuck if not then wiring. Good luck.

Comment

thanks guys ill check those out! and yea working off of the mileage works pretty well

Comment

when I bought my 90 600 a few months ago the fuel gauge never worked. I checked the gauge, just ground the sender wire at the gauge with the key on and it should read FULL. Then you know the gauge works. I went to the wire that plugs into the sender from the tank to the gauge and checked with a meter to make sure the wire wasn't broken. I then checked the ohm resistance of the sender and was getting nothing. I took the tank off and pulled the sender and found that the sender was shot. Took apart the sender and found the wire wrapped around the plastic that gives you the OHM resistance (arm sweeps across it causing you readings) was broken in 2 places. I soldered it up and had to modify the sender a little but it works great now.

go through it like How I did and you should be able to figure it out the issue in less than an hour. took me maybe 3 hours to find the problem and fix and reassemble.
                1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

thats a great response. ill have to remember that one
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                  X