No announcement yet.
X

Why do people criticize Kats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kat is more than enough bike to get me into trouble.... damn I hate being mature and responsible!!
    2004 Honda ST1300
    1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

I have an '06 and absolutely love it. I do more highway riding than anything and it's way more comfortable than any other that I've ridden. I love it when people talk trash. My Kat is a phenomenal starter bike and more than enough power!!

Comment

Pfftt.. i pulled up sunday beside a car with a bunch of 'youngins' and they did a double take on my 'zombie' kat and they rolled window down and asked what it was. I said.. Kat 600.
        They busted out laughing and pointing. I just shrugged my head.. when the light turned.. i left their lil 'tuner' car to stare at my butt.

I bet i STILL pay less over all for the kat vs their entire pos.

Bike is gorgeous in my eyes... sure its lipstick on a pig... but the pig can fly.
        "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

Originally posted by VampV View Post
          I bet i STILL pay less over all for the kat vs their entire pos.
          I would hope so...
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I suppose compared to newer 600's the katana's are a bit slower, and maybe 45lbs heavier then a race bike GSXR, but is it really that different? my 96 is rated at 87hp and 450lbs, still a low 12second bike, seems pretty fast compared to a lot of things.

I suppose 98+ they broadened the powerband and reduced the hp to make it into a more sport touring machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsoup View Post
              I suppose compared to newer 600's the katana's are a bit slower, and maybe 45lbs heavier then a race bike GSXR, but is it really that different? my 96 is rated at 87hp and 450lbs, still a low 12second bike, seems pretty fast compared to a lot of things.

I suppose 98+ they broadened the powerband and reduced the hp to make it into a more sport touring machine?
              Uh... problem is that there's really not a comparison between the GSXR 600 and the Katana 600.

Different frame, different suspension, different engine, different handling characteristics... the GSX-R is 14% lighter and has 26% more HP. There's no such thing as "only 45-50" lbs when you're talking about motorcycle performance. By percentage, that is a big difference.

It's definitely "that different."
              My signature is dancing bacon Your argument is invalid.

Originally posted by TRPUT
              Someone who can eloquently give it when deserved ... and expect to take it when deserved. You Sir win the chicken strip wanger comparison hands down.

Comment

Too much emphasis on the tool (the bike) and not enough on the rider. Guys who will say 'Kats are too slow' are most likely incapable of handling the full capability of either their bike or yours.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

That's a given. No one that can really ride will talk down about a Katana. The 18 year old kid down the street who's parents bought him a new GSXR for high school graduation who's never ridden before. That's a different story.

Comment

^ That! I love my kat. I dont give a s**t what anyone thinks about it.
                    "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

• I personally love mine as well! It's no CBRR or GXSR, but it is what it is. As with all motorcycle (or even car ) ownership, there will be problems to deal with. Its a machine and will require repair and maintenance. People will criticize you if you ride a honda and they ride a yamaha, etc....Mine is a dream bike compared to what i've ridden and owned in the past, it's not my "dream bike" but until i hit the lottery or save till i'm 85 for a ZX14 or the latest sportbike that will do 200 mph and look like something outta Ultraviolet or Tron, I'll ride my kat until it wont go no more. Then probly buy another one. Happy riding!

Comment

• Originally posted by hukeedo View Post
                        Ultraviolet
                        Fap fap fap
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                        X