X

keys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keys

my key for my bike is slightly twisted up ... its been like that since i got it .. could i just take that key to home depot or lowes to have another key cut.. even thought its a motorcycle key...
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Yes but they will need to have the blank in stock. They may have to get it in for you in which case it's going to be whatever brand they get. You can get key blanks from Suzuki to keep it genuine if you're that way inclined

Comment

Screw Home Depot. If you want it done right, take it to a locksmith. I had a key that was broken in half. I took both parts to a locksmith and they cut me two new ones. I wouldn't trust Home Depot or Lowes too do that.

Comment

Over hear, a Suzuki blank is about $30! Plus cutting. A locksmith supplied the blanks and cut me 2 keys each for 2 bikes for $12 total. Sure, his blanks lacked the "Suzuki" branded plastic, but IMHO there are better things to spend money on than branded blanks.

Comment

It was a b!tch trying to get a copy of my key. No locksmiths at all in my area. Home Depot, Lowes, Ace and a number of smaller hardware stores did not have blanks. I had to get a blank off Ebay for $7, then get the copy.
          Extra life.

Comment

+1 on the locksmith
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i bought 3 keys off of ebay for 5 dollars what year is your bike i have extras if the key fits you can have it my bike is an 01

Comment

I have to agree with seeing a locksmith - I took my Kawi and Zuki keys to Lowes to have a spare of each - with the coming winter season, I wanted fresh keys in case of partial frozen locks. The Kawi key doesn't work, and the Zuki key can only be used on one side - looks like the machine did not cut both sides evenly. Oh, and the key does not work on the seat lock at all - won't even fit the cylinder. So, next stop will be at the locksmith for good keys.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

EBay! That's where to get the blanks then take it to a locksmith.

Comment

I just had two extras made at a local locksmith, it was like $5.00 total. I keep one on my key chain, one in my wallet and one in the safe.

Comment

Working...
                    X