Extended Swing arm??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Swing arm??

Can it be done???? any pics

Hi, welcome to Katriders a great source for repair and modification information for your GSXF Suzuki, please take the time to browse the different forums and read the how-to/faq forum before asking any questions. You may find just the answer you were looking for and so much more! Click here for the Newbie thread
    Too impatient? I bet one of these was your question:
    Q. What's the biggest rear tire I should use?
    A. 150/70ZR17 (Stock size)
    Q. what oil should I use?
    A. click
    Q. Can I wheelie my Katana?
    A. Yes
    Q. Can I shift without the clutch?
    A. Upshift from 2nd up, yes. Down shift, never. 1st to 2nd never.

(6/07/2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
      Can it be done???? any pics

Yup it sure can, just have to find someone to cut and weld an extension in, they don't make extensions you can by at the dealership like they do for the GSXR's and Busa's, for a Kat, it will be a custom job.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KR. Yes it can be done. Use the search function up top and you'll find several threads on this. There's a thread on here that has a website for bolt in extensions.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

welcome and yes it can!!!
          -100% JEDI-

Comment

you will need:

your swing arm or a donor

a good welder

longer chain, and may as well swap sprockets too

Additionally if you want to run a larger tire/wheel this would be the time to account for that also, i wish i had when i had a swingarm stretched.

Fife
            Last edited by Idrivetoys; 05-02-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              Hi, welcome to Katriders a great source for repair and modification information for your GSXF Suzuki, please take the time to browse the different forums and read the how-to/faq forum before asking any questions. You may find just the answer you were looking for and so much more! Click here for the Newbie thread
              Too impatient? I bet one of these was your question:
              Q. What's the biggest rear tire I should use?
              A. 150/70ZR17 (Stock size)
              Q. what oil should I use?
              A. click
              Q. Can I wheelie my Katana?
              A. Yes
              Q. Can I shift without the clutch?
              A. Upshift from 2nd up, yes. Down shift, never. 1st to 2nd never.

(6/07/2007)
              To the point eh BP
              accurate tho
              All and any questions you have can be found thru search or one of the many forums/threads on here. Some of which have even been "stickied" for ease of the search.
              I believe there is even a KOTM that had a extended swinger, must check that info myself. I do know for sure that Kreylyn has widened swingers for wider tires.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

what did you find?? im thinking about doing it !!!
                Its not that i don't care... wait , that's exactly what is!!

Comment

i've seen kat extensions online, try using a search engine u'll find it

Comment

Originally posted by jah View Post
                    welcome and yes it can!!!

Comment

like these? I designed these for a member here. They are for a 'Busa wheel, but I do have a design for the stock Kat wheel.
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by katanalaboricua View Post
                        what did you find?? im thinking about doing it !!!
                        You realize this is the GSXF650 part of the forum, right? Not the Katana part?

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                          You realize this is the GSXF650 part of the forum, right? Not the Katana part?
                          Which uses the same tubular design as the pre and post kats... Not sure I understand the question. :

Besides, Jim designs parts for the application. (another suggestion that he can help out regardless of the bike... )

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                            Which uses the same tubular design as the pre and post kats... Not sure I understand the question. :

Besides, Jim designs parts for the application. (another suggestion that he can help out regardless of the bike... )

Krey
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey
                              Just wanted to be sure of what bike the OP was talking about....

Comment

Working...
                              X