X

Average cost of paint job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average cost of paint job?

Anyone have a good estimate to have a bike repainted at a shop? Color is black now, and just want it repainted black again.

call around? depends on the type of paint...i know some paint that is over 700 bucks for just a few ounces...you can always take all the plastics off and sand them down yourself to reduce costs...

Comment

a lot of it depends on the prep needed also. A bike that needs a lot of prep work before painting is going to be a lot more than one that doesn't.

Hell, you could always do your own prep work so all they have to do is spray, that would save you some bucks.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

yep exactly what i was talkin about...i know a place around here that does cars really cheap but you have to tape anything off yourself that you dont want painted...its like 300 for a whole car...

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
          a lot of it depends on the prep needed also. A bike that needs a lot of prep work before painting is going to be a lot more than one that doesn't.

Hell, you could always do your own prep work so all they have to do is spray, that would save you some bucks.
          a lot of painters won't spray if you bring them prepped parts. Crappy prep work = crappy paintjob. Not too many good painters want their work associated with a crappy paint job.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Just remember:
            Cheap paint jobs are not good. Good paint jobs are not cheap.

Any reputable paint shop will be able to give you a good estimate. Look in the yellow pages and make some calls.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                a lot of painters won't spray if you bring them prepped parts. Crappy prep work = crappy paintjob. Not too many good painters want their work associated with a crappy paint job.
                exactly. in fact, it could end up costing you even more if the painter runs intop problems with your work and has to re-work it. it can take longer to fix someone else's bad work than it does starting from scratch.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                  exactly. in fact, it could end up costing you even more if the painter runs intop problems with your work and has to re-work it. it can take longer to fix someone else's bad work than it does starting from scratch.
                  +1
                  Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

My Painter Charged me $500 for the red. Thats everything. The right maining had some mild snatches on it. the gas tank had alittle dent and some plastic welding that I did had to be covered up. Then I wanted Flames so that was another $150 for ghost flames (pearl white), Then he talk me into the pin striping that cost me another $125. So what $775. I think that right. But I know it was around $800.
                    sigpic
                    Update Jul 11 2014
                    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                      My Painter Charged me $500 for the red. Thats everything. The right maining had some mild snatches on it. the gas tank had alittle dent and some plastic welding that I did had to be covered up. Then I wanted Flames so that was another $150 for ghost flames (pearl white), Then he talk me into the pin striping that cost me another $125. So what $775. I think that right. But I know it was around $800.
                      that is a very reasonable price.

I was charging $500 for a complete job.....one solid color.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yeah I had one company try to charge me $1100 for solid red. Then I found my current painter. He told me they probally didn't want to miss with the plastic wanted me to run off. IDK but I did run
                        sigpic
                        Update Jul 11 2014
                        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                          that is a very reasonable price.

I was charging $500 for a complete job.....one solid color.
                          That's what I like to hear. I want to get mine painted one solid color with clear coat (obviously), and I didn't know how much it would cost.

Comment

yeah i was gonna get some car paint done and the guy was like you can prep it yourself and it will be a little bit cheaper but i wont warrantee any of the work if you do that....

for the little bit you would save to prep yourself you should just have them do it and know its gonna be the good stuff.....
                            THE EMAIL BANDIT
                            F4 I stunted out
                            Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                            MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                              yeah i was gonna get some car paint done and the guy was like you can prep it yourself and it will be a little bit cheaper but i wont warrantee any of the work if you do that....

for the little bit you would save to prep yourself you should just have them do it and know its gonna be the good stuff.....
                              My current paint wont warrantee anyone's prep work but his...
                              sigpic
                              Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X