Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks sweet, nice work!

Comment

frick, that's an awesome home fabrication *thumbs up*
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

thanks,
        as soon as it stops raining i'll get a pic of the polished clear coat
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

you do some good work HD!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

looks great i wanna try that, probably use foam though less of a chance to screw it up for me thanks for the idea!

Comment

Very Nice!!!!!!:-d

Comment

looks great. Now is anyone ever going to make a hugger?

Comment

I was going to...
                  I had made plans to buy a damaged used one and have a friend make one out of CF

But our business has tied up all my $$$ for a while. I'm in the middle of moving my shop this month. And looks like i'll have to pay some extra bills
                  Last edited by hardlydangerous; 04-21-2008, 02:56 AM.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

Comment

i'm gonna b doin this to a pre soon so thanks for the write up
                    95 suZuki katana
                    Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

Looks AWESOME !!!!!! ..... I want to try to make one for my Kat... Any chance you could take a picture of the velcro portion so I can see how you manage to keep it on the bike
                      Light travels faster than sound... Thats why some people appear very bright until they speak.

Comment

nice job

Comment

man i really like it, what are you using to mount it?

Comment

Velcro

I fiberglass 6 velcro strips into the inside of the cowl and when the cowl is on the seat the straps just attach to each other.
                            It's handy this way because I keep my long sleeve shirt under there for them cool nights, and when I'm traveling i can keep my cell phone, and extra tools under there and stil quick and easy to get to.
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Is fiberglass hard to work with? I've never done anything like that before, but I thought about making my own seat cowl.

Is there a step-by-step to building stuff out of fiberglass anywhere? It's not as easy as just building the mold, then putting layers of fiberglass on top of it, is it?

Comment

Yeah pretty much
                                watch a few vids on you tube... they should have some how to's on fiberglassing.

There is nothing to it really just mix the hardener into the resin, Wet the area first with resin then lay down a patch of fiberglass cloth and cover it with the resin. The using a fiberglass roller or even just a paint brush work it in and work out the air bubbles. Once it is dry do another layer....
                                Clean up the brushes and tools with acitone.

Once you get the basic shape use fiberglass body filler to fine tune the shape and fill in any uneven sports.
                                98 GSX750F
                                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                                08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Working...
                                X