X

Removing decal glue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing decal glue?

Anyone know what the best way is to remove the glue left over on the fairings after removing a decal. The guy I bought my bike from removed the katana decals on both sides and all thats left is this ugly glue residue. I don't want to damage the paint, so I figured I'd ask before I tried anything. Someone told me to try goo-gone or goof-off, will those damage the paint?

any ideas will help.

Thanks.

I use a blow dryer and the stuff below to get the stuff off. The combo has not done done be wrong yet!

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I still have an outline on the tank... anyone know how/what to use to buff out hairline scratches? I've got a few, taking the left one off...
        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I would imagine any automotive rubbing compound such as T-Cut would get them out aslong as they are light and only in the laquer .
          Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

It's on the left top of the fairing where the WARNING sticker used to be. The the other stickers are gone but also the tank sticker's outline is still there.

Don't want to reapply Goo Gone, unless the dull can be lifted out with a good wax job.
            GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

That's what I used. If you read the whole post, everyone eludes to the normal removal products, but the real problem is that mine is a pre, and those products are like shooting a bb at a frieght train. The wheel worked best in my situation.

As far as the hairline scratches (which I had a bit of from using the mention products and too much elbow grease), a good quality buffer will remove them. If you don't know what your doing, find a friend that does. A buffer is a great tool and a great destruction device if you don't know what your doing. Same with the aforementioned wheel.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Re: Removing decal glue?

Originally posted by smokeyob
                Anyone know what the best way is to remove the glue left over on the fairings after removing a decal. The guy I bought my bike from removed the katana decals on both sides and all thats left is this ugly glue residue. I don't want to damage the paint, so I figured I'd ask before I tried anything. Someone told me to try goo-gone or goof-off, will those damage the paint?

any ideas will help.

Thanks.
                "Glue Gone" is what I use with a little elbow greese to get my stickers off.
                Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Eucalyptus Oil.
                  Safe for the paint finishes and works awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by River
                    I still have an outline on the tank... anyone know how/what to use to buff out hairline scratches? I've got a few, taking the left one off...
                    Try the stuff I reference. It waxes as it removes the grime. It is great for small scratches too. It won't dull it.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Goof Off or Goo Gone will work
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

get some Adhesive Remover made by 3M, works great and should be at your local Auto Shop.
                        06' Zuki Katana 750
                        Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

goof off and wd40

Comment

We carry the best selection of auto body tools, shop supplies, car paint, & car lifts for any garage. Call today for all your body shop needs!

Comment

Blow dryer and WD 40

Comment

Working...
                              X