No announcement yet.
X

***"Stretching" my 01 Kat***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did you do to get a 180 rear tire on there?

Comment

I really like the use of the license plate as a chainguard ! I wish I'd thought of that . Nice bike !
      Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
        what did you do to get a 180 rear tire on there?
        Nothing special as far as I know, I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to that size and I said yes... They made it happen..
        Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Thanks for the comment redpiranha. You can buy that item on ebay for about $50.
          Fast Eddie

Comment

Ya i love the licence placement... im gunna look into getting one... i think kats look 10000 times better with just the tail instead of the signals and the shovel

how do u put it on? remove the back bolt or something

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean
              Ya i love the licence placement... im gunna look into getting one... i think kats look 10000 times better with just the tail instead of the signals and the shovel

how do u put it on? remove the back bolt or something
              How do u put what on???
              Fast Eddie

Comment

put the licence bracket by the wheel

Comment

IMO, don't stretch it.
                  and the license plate mount does look pretty sweet, i've also seen bikes that had the license plate mounted behind the back wheel.
                  Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean
                    put the licence bracket by the wheel
                    They make "tag relocation" kits . They bolt right on there .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If you are looking for a local shop, try Design Works Motorcycle Shop. They are at 335 New Road, Suite 9 in Princeton Junction right behind A to Z Auto Parts. I know they do custom Harleys, not so sure about sporties though. Give them a call first, 732-329-1800.

Comment

Thanks or the tip koncsolt, I will check it out..
                        Fast Eddie

Comment

Aw yea koncsolt, I went to the shop and they will be the shop of choice to take me to the next level... Thanks again....
                          Fast Eddie

Comment

after looking at your pics, I'm actually with you on stretching it so that the rear of the tire is in line with the rear of the brake light... BUT no farther than that, maybe 4 or 6 inches at the most would probably look pretty slick...

my $.02...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat
                              after looking at your pics, I'm actually with you on stretching it so that the rear of the tire is in line with the rear of the brake light... BUT no farther than that, maybe 4 or 6 inches at the most would probably look pretty slick... Thats what I was thinking about 6-8 inches. Thanks for your feedback.

my $.02...
                              Fast Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddie
                                Originally posted by allblackkat
                                after looking at your pics, I'm actually with you on stretching it so that the rear of the tire is in line with the rear of the brake light... BUT no farther than that, maybe 4 or 6 inches at the most would probably look pretty slick... Thats what I was thinking about 6-8 inches. Thanks for your feedback.

my $.02...
                                I hardly noticed your response.... it's inside my quote.... how'd you do that?.....

But get that shop to do the stretch, and that month you'll have my vote for KOTM.... Make it an early Christmas in October....

But if you go too far with the stretch I'll ask that you be banned from the sight....

Cause everytime I see a gsxr600 with the rear tire stretched way beyond the tail of the bike I wanna puke, and go start a fight with the moron who can't see that supersport bikes are not choppers, and shouldn't be molested like that. It also says to me that this person is a giant scaredy cat (spelled with a p an s and a y) cause they can't control the throttle well enough to have command of their bike.... probably one they didn't go get their license for either.... I know it sounds really judgemental and all but for the record, the last guy I saw on a super stretched Gix600 or 750 was actually a white kid/squid... just to take the race card out of my opinion... hopefully no one was thinkin that of me anyway...

again my $.02

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
                                X