X

What do you have in your tank bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you have in your tank bag?

When you going for long ride or for any use, what'S in yours?

I'm wondering what to put in mine

I have a tail bag .... and I stuff it with rain suit ... wallet... cell phone ... water bottle ... and whatever little thingys I'll need ...

oh and people speak English in baie comeau hahahhahahahah
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post

oh and people speak English in baie comeau hahahhahahahah
      Hahaha, some of us still living in igloo

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuuku View Post
        Hahaha, some of us still living in igloo
        do you still have snow
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

Wow, you're up there! I've been to St. Johns several times, almost due east from you and I've always thought of that as incredibly far north. Maybe you should stow some handwarmer packs in there. http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

Even when I'm just puttering around, I carry a fine-tip permanent marker and a small notepad in my tankbag. I've also got the extension cord for the intercom system, a puck to put under the sidestand when I have to park on asphalt or dirt and a tin of Altoids. (Nothing like disgusting yourself with your own bad breath in a helmet!)
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

if I'm looking at the right place - that's not North! I'm from 57.1500° N, 2.1000° W

I don't use a tank bag these days as the GF uses the tank as a brace, but I keep an almighty heap of stuff under the seat.

Comment

Tool bag (smaller version if everything I use to work in the bike except a torque wrench), hat, Altoids, sunglasses, knife, tinted/clear visor (I ride to work in light and back home in the dark so they get swapped every day) a head warmer glove liners, an emergency $20 bill and a good luck charm from my lady. And whatever lunch that day is going to be.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks for all the answers it gave me some ideas.

Comment

spare key
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

on long trips I have things like camel pack, hard candies, gps or map and ezpass or money for tolls. tank bag for me is for anything i would need to get to quick or while riding. Everything els goes in the saddle bags and tail bag.
                    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Tool kit , first aid kit, hat, sunglasses, spare gloves (for weather changes in Colorado).

Comment

Gerber Multi-tool, spare sets of ear plugs, first-aid items, loose change, ez-pass, tire gauge, fog away & small micro towel and a 4 oz bottle of DuPont chain & wire lube for the chain.
                        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Define "long ride"

what I carry for a few hours ride is different than a few days ride.
                          Kyle

Comment

Whats a tank bag...? I wear a back pack cinched down tight, with laptop, ipod, GPS, cell phone, first aid kit, mini tool set, tire pressure gauge, phone charger, anti-fog, chewing gum, socks, and rain suit...(sounds heavy I know) when packed well, everything fits comfortably!
                            '94 GSX750F StreetFighter
                            ***Under Con/(de)struction***

Comment

Originally posted by Kat_Bobber94 View Post
                              Whats a tank bag...? I wear a back pack cinched down tight, with laptop, ipod, GPS, cell phone, first aid kit, mini tool set, tire pressure gauge, phone charger, anti-fog, chewing gum, socks, and rain suit...(sounds heavy I know) when packed well, everything fits comfortably!
                              you and I think alike

the only electronic device I carry is my cell phone but otherwise in my backpack I carry spare bulbs, chain lube, a spare master link (clip style), clutch push rod (had a master link fail 2 miles from my house breaking the push rod and I ended up pushing it all uphill...it took me over 2 1/2 exhausting hours!) zip ties, led flashlight, crescent wrench, needle nose pliers, a few specific wrenches and sockets, extra spark plugs, electrical tape, fuses, allen keys and more stuff im sure im forgetting lol. I have almost anything I could need except a jack (I dont have a center stand)

Ive had a couple instances where I wish I had something that could of helped me..so now my backpack with all my stuff is as necessary as a helmet or gloves etc. I dont ride without it.

A few buddies of mine have busted my chops for carrying 15 lbs of tools...until they needed my help
                              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                              X