X

Not understanding how to visually sync my carbs. - Post 98 600 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not understanding how to visually sync my carbs. - Post 98 600 Katana

I have a 99 katana 600... I am having trouble understanding how to visually sync my carbs.

There is no hole that can be covered by twisting the idle adjustment knob like they describe here:

* Reinstall the idle adjuster cable until it just barely touches the starter tab of the carbs.
    Now look into the engine side of the carbs at the butterfly valves. (There are three small
    holes – familiarize yourself with them.) Look at carb # 3 and adjust the idle cable until
    the first small hole (towards the outside of the carbs) on the bottom of the carbs is HALF
    VISIBLE.
    Can anyone help me with this, or do you have any pics? because I don't see how any hole can possibly be covered by the butterfly valve

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found them. They're so small, almost invisible. I had been trying to figure it out for hours lol

But if someone could answer my question about the float height measuring, it would be greatly appreciated:

Do I measure from #1 or #2 to the carb body?
    Last edited by Gold; 05-08-2011, 04:46 PM.
    1999 600 Katana
    sigpic

#1, and not when they are upside down like that. They need to be at a 30 degree angle like you're trying to read the bottom of an open soda. Where the tang is just touching the needle, not all the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      #1, and not when they are upside down like that. They need to be at a 30 degree angle like you're trying to read the bottom of an open soda. Where the tang is just touching the needle, not all the way down.
      Ok sounds good, 1 more question, do the numbers on the floats mean anything?

some say: 1-1, 1-2
      others say: 1-2, 2-2
      etc...
      1999 600 Katana
      sigpic

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about, so I'm gonna go with no.

Comment

Working...
        X