1993 Katana 600F fairings? where?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Katana 600F fairings? where?

Hey guys,

Seems this bored is still operational and people visit it frequently. I am 26 and a first time rider, and I bought a 93 katana 600 for $1500. However I live in the balitmore area, and the kid who had it painted it Ravens Purple.

I do not like the color of it at all, where I can I get a full set of fairings? Glossy black would be fine I probably wouldn't even paint them.

Cost is an issue as well, but I at least would like to know where to look. I can paint the gas tank myself I suppose, to save money but looking for all the fairings.

I have only riden it for about 30 minutes, and I am not that good so far, hopefully I get better. The idle is messed up so I have to fix that, when you stop and have the clutch engaged it cuts out, no idleing high enough.

Anyway the bike runs great, I just want it to not be purple. It has white Rims and white throttle bars, just wish it was purple.

HELP!!!

Originally posted by Bartenderchris View Post
    Hey guys,

Seems this bored is still operational and people visit it frequently. I am 26 and a first time rider, and I bought a 93 katana 600 for $1500. However I live in the balitmore area, and the kid who had it painted it Ravens Purple.

I do not like the color of it at all, where I can I get a full set of fairings? Glossy black would be fine I probably wouldn't even paint them.

Cost is an issue as well, but I at least would like to know where to look. I can paint the gas tank myself I suppose, to save money but looking for all the fairings.

I have only riden it for about 30 minutes, and I am not that good so far, hopefully I get better. The idle is messed up so I have to fix that, when you stop and have the clutch engaged it cuts out, no idleing high enough.

Anyway the bike runs great, I just want it to not be purple. It has white Rims and white throttle bars, just wish it was purple.

HELP!!!
    New fairings??? No way, man. Unless they're trashed beyond repair, use your existing fairings. A good paint job requires patience and prep work. There's a thread in the forums somewhere ("search" button along the top, third from the right) that will give you a step-by-step. Do the paint yourself and send your wheels out for powder coating... a good PC job is harder and looks better than shaker can.

- Sending fairings out for paint will cost you $500 if you do the prep.
    - Buying fairings to replace your existing ones will cost you more than double that, triple if you want them to match (if you do go this route, I'll be a pal and take those nasty old ones off your hands ). Check eBay, Craigslist or here for sources. Check out Maier, too: http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?ac...40&modelid=401
    - Doing the fairings yourself will cost you time and materials, that's it.
    - There are guys who will PC your wheels for a good price on KR's. Post a thread, Fred. They'll respond.

On other issues:

Your carbs are dirty (bank on it). Clean and sync 'em.
    Adjust idle after the bike is warmed up (a nice highway ride for 20 minutes should do it), knob on left side of bike.
    Take the MSF... ASAP.
    Buy (and WEAR) good gear.

PM me if you need help. I'm about an hour from you.
    Last edited by VifferJim; 07-24-2008, 01:19 PM.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
      New fairings??? No way, man. Unless they're trashed beyond repair, use your existing fairings. A good paint job requires patience and prep work. There's a thread in the forums somewhere ("search" button along the top, third from the right) that will give you a step-by-step. Do the paint yourself and send your wheels out for powder coating... a good PC job is harder and looks better than shaker can.

- Sending fairings out for paint will cost you $500 if you do the prep.
      - Buying fairings to replace your existing ones will cost you more than double that, triple if you want them to match (if you do go this route, I'll be a pal and take those nasty old ones off your hands ). Check eBay, Craigslist or here for sources. Check out Maier, too: http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?ac...40&modelid=401
      - Doing the fairings yourself will cost you time and materials, that's it.
      - There are guys who will PC your wheels for a good price on KR's. Post a thread, Fred. They'll respond.

On other issues:

Your carbs are dirty (bank on it). Clean and sync 'em.
      Adjust idle after the bike is warmed up (a nice highway ride for 20 minutes should do it), knob on left side of bike.
      Take the MSF... ASAP.
      Buy (and WEAR) good gear.

PM me if you need help. I'm about an hour from you.
      Thanks for the quick reply man.

I was reading on here about the carbs, now I just gotta figure out how to clean them.

Comment

try this

LA fiberglass has them for 130.00 per side

Comment

key word - FIBERGLASS big no no

Comment

Working...
          X