Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Now this is what I consider a nice way to start each day;)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is what I consider a nice way to start each day;)

It's nice to see three vintage kats each day when you walk in the door of your shop.

So aside from the additional mods I'm doing on the 1157 Kat this winter, I'm starting work soon on another kat owners pride and joy. He was able to make it down last weekend to drop off his Kat so now it's resting for a bit before we start on full suspension, brake, and cosmetic changes.

Should be a fun project for both of us and a good excuse to do some rides with the vintage kat owners in Vancouver come spring! Here's what I consider a nice looking stable.

Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2010, 10:52 PM.

Looks alot like Mojoes garage!
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

It's getting there...I just need to get my hands on a popup kat and I'll be happy!

Comment

Nice stable of Kats...
        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Very nice!! (I hate you)
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I'll send you my adress so you can ship one to me...
              Allways liked those bikes.
              Too old to dream, too young to reason...
              I am fond of my rough edges.
              sigpic

Comment

I saw this today and it is still up for grabs, think I might just go take a look......

Always liked the pop up version, if only it had an 1100 engin in it.

Nice collection you got there Waltari.

Tok

Comment

Nice stable....keep us updated on the friend's bike.

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                    Looks alot like Mojoes garage!

close, but not quite. I need to clean my garage out cuz I can barely even get in it now. it has 2 750 pop-ups, an 82 1100, an 83 1100, a ninja 500, and 88 1100 and a 92 1100.

hmm....that doesn't add up. that's 7, but I am pretty sure there is 8 bikes in my garage. OH ya! the gs5500ef. shouldn't have forgotten that one....especially since I plowed into it last week with my garden tractor and snowblower. damn snow on my boots and my foot slipped off the clutch. I knocked the 550 on it's side

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                    It's nice to see three vintage kats each day when you walk in the door of your shop.
                    damn straight! although there are some days when I just see $ sitting there doing nothing. you probably don't feel that way with just 3 bikes. I know I didn't. but just wait until you get up around 6 or 7 and you will know what I mean
                    Last edited by Mojoe; 01-06-2010, 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Sweet stable Waltari, what is the frontend on the one in the middle?
                      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                        Always liked the pop up version, if only it had an 1100 engin in it.
                        Tok
                        I was thinking of putting one of my spare 1127's into one of my 750's that needs a ring job. but seriously, the frame is just to small for that. the 1100's themselves had problems with frame torque with larger engines installed, so I can only imagine how the 750 frame would twist under the throttle.

Hey Matthew...how bad you want a pop-up? I have a good one for you to restore. I don't need 2...and don't really want two. yet at the same time I am not crazy about selling it to just anyone. I would like to see it go to someone who will actually turn it into a real beauty.
                        Last edited by Mojoe; 01-06-2010, 02:33 PM.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                          I was thinking of putting one of my spare 1127's into one of my 750's that needs a ring job. but seriously, the frame is just to small for that. the 1100's themselves had problems with frame torque with larger engines installed, so I can only imagine how the 750 frame would twist under the throttle.

Hey Matthew...how bad you want a pop-up? I have a good one for you to restore. I don't need 2...and don't really want two. yet at the same time I am not crazy about selling it to just anyone. I would like to see it go to someone who will actually turn it into a real beauty.
                          I am pretty serious but right now it depends on the price. I've got two big jobs going right now so funds are limited unit they're both complete (mid to late February). Shoot me an email or pm with some more details

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
                          Sweet stable Waltari, what is the frontend on the one in the middle?
                          The one in the middle (my 1157) has:
                          2001 GSXR forks in 1992 GSXR750 triples
                          2001 Clipons with Pazzo Levers and Rizoma grips
                          Cut down 2004 gsxr front fender
                          Marchesini 5 spoke 3.5x17" rim
                          Brembo Goldline Calipers, Masters, and Brembo Caliper Adaptors
                          etc
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Looks real sweet
                            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                              I am pretty serious but right now it depends on the price. I've got two big jobs going right now so funds are limited unit they're both complete (mid to late February). Shoot me an email or pm with some more details

The one in the middle (my 1157) has:
                              2001 GSXR forks in 1992 GSXR750 triples
                              2001 Clipons with Pazzo Levers and Rizoma grips
                              Cut down 2004 gsxr front fender
                              Marchesini 5 spoke 3.5x17" rim
                              Brembo Goldline Calipers, Masters, and Brembo Caliper Adaptors
                              etc
                              I was gonna say 01 GSXR1000 forks, the rim threw me off a touch, since it looks a lot like the 05 kawi ninja 636 from the angles you posted, except the rotors arent right for that, but marchesini I can believe.

I will say it looks great. nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X