No announcement yet.
X

Is this a good deal on a new Kat 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got my 06 750 for $7000 otd(lil high) but we only have 1 zuki dealership round here though.next one is an hour or so away

Comment

Originally posted by CGuner
      Well even though I need to ride them, after much research, I've decided on the ZZR600. Sorry Kat Riders, I do love Kats, I was a former owner, I think this is the bike I was looking for. Now to just find a good deal...they MSRP for $7,299. I will definately use your advice though Poet.
      here's their price list

$6318 out the door, out of state. I guess you pay the tax, title, and license in Florida.

Motorcycle Shipping Prices for motorcycle transport services. Our moving service allows you to ship a motorcycle anywhere.

it looks like about $700 to ship from texas to florida.

so you'd be looking at $7,000 to get the bike home.

Plus the extended warranty is something like 3-400 bucks for a full 5 years covered, optional till the initial warranty (2yrs) expires. Fully transferable and service would be done at any kawasaki dealer.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat
        Originally posted by CGuner
        Well even though I need to ride them, after much research, I've decided on the ZZR600. Sorry Kat Riders, I do love Kats, I was a former owner, I think this is the bike I was looking for. Now to just find a good deal...they MSRP for $7,299. I will definately use your advice though Poet.
        here's their price list

$6318 out the door, out of state. I guess you pay the tax, title, and license in Florida.

Motorcycle Shipping Prices for motorcycle transport services. Our moving service allows you to ship a motorcycle anywhere.

it looks like about $700 to ship from texas to florida.

so you'd be looking at $7,000 to get the bike home.

Plus the extended warranty is something like 3-400 bucks for a full 5 years covered, optional till the initial warranty (2yrs) expires. Fully transferable and service would be done at any kawasaki dealer.

First off, that is a great deal, thanks!

Stupid Question: how would financing work since I am in Florida and they are in Texas, would it just be a matter of faxing the documents to me to sign etc, or would I need to get financing on my own here? Never bought something from another state, and would there be any extra tax I'd have to pay for bringing in a bike from out of state to Florida? Florida has some wierd tax laws when it comes to vehicles from out of state, guess I'd have to research it some.

So I called a bunch of Kawa dealers around here, the lowest sticker price I could find was quoted at $6,979. Then came all the tax, dealer fee, tax, title etc. in the end he said it was $7,695 out the door....without the extended warranty. Granted this was over the phone and if I was in person I'm sure I could get it down some.

Question, I haven't bought a bike in a while. I know it depends on credit, and I have good credit, so what kind of APR am I looking at? Do most placed do it with no money down if I have good credit? With a bike that price, and a 10% apr no money down, I am guessing it comes to about $160 a month payments for 5 years, does this sound right to you or reasonable?

Comment

GO FOR IT!
          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Huge problem now, I was looking at insurance, and I won't go into the details, but my driving record is really bad, and to get insurance is almost slim to none for me. I got a quote from progressive of $3K for a year, thats $300 a month, almost twice the montly payment of the bike. I'm in Florida, so I don't need insurance to get a bike here, but I would be worried it would get stolen and I would be stuck with a payment with no bike. Does everyone that owns a bike here have insurance? If mean if you are not required to would you still get it? I really want this bike but the insurance thing is getting making me rethink it now I mean is a really good bike lock or two good enough to keep it from getting stolen?

Comment

Wow! 3k a year for a 600 that's not a "supersport bike" Man that is outrageous! I carry full coverage on my bike plus "gap" insurance. I'm more worried about the ability to fix my ride and personal injury than the bike getting stolen. However, some of these brake rotor locks seem that they would work well in keeping your ride secure against theft, but then again, you would have to carry those bulky mechinisms around with ya everywhere you went just to keep from worry about it getting stolen.
              I would shop around for your insurance quote. Checked Geico?? Does the stealership offer anything through Dairyland County Mutual?
              If you can't get it any cheaper, that's a calculated risk that you will be taking if you crashed it yourself and no one else was at fault. On the other hand, if you want it bad enough, I guess youll be ready to pay it...keep your "nose clean" for a few years and get your rates down. Your age also has alot to do with the rates also. After 25 y/o the rates seem to go way down on male drivers/riders. If you took a MSF course, what could that do for your premiums
              I had a simular issue about 6 mo. ago when I wanted to trade up for the mighty Busa. My rates were going to go from $450 a yr. for the 750 Kat to about $2000 a year for the same coverage. Enough for me to remain Kat happy with my purchase.
              Whatever route you go I wish ya luck!
              It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

That's Florida motorcycle insurance for you -- you have to carry it if you have a lien against the bike, such as a loan, so the fiscally-interested parties have their stake protected... but's god aweful expensive. It's also the reason I only bike my bikes in cash: no lien, no insurance requirement. For $3k/yr, I can pay for the fuel & maintenance easily.

As for financing -- there's already a good thread on KR about the various options. Check it out here:

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well all the dealers I called (about 5) all said that I definatly do not have to have insurance on the bike to finance/buy it. They said possibly through a private lender or bank yes, but apparently the places they use, they said it wasn't necessary. If it is, plain and simple I cant get it. If it isn't required, I can get it and risk having it stolen or wrecked with no coverage, but I do have a garage I can keep it in so it should be safe from being stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    -- you have to carry it if you have a lien against the bike, such as a loan, so the fiscally-interested parties have their stake protected...
                    Thats what I thought also, like with an automobile, but all the dealers I called said I do not need to get insurance to buy a bike. I was very clear with them and they all said no.

Comment

The dealer's job isn't to get you to comply with law; it's to get you to buy the bike. This is why you keep hearing tales of dealers selling someone who doesn't even have a motorcycle endorsement a 1000cc race-rep.

A lot of the dealers are using brand-name financing (like the Suzuki Credit Card for Suzuki, etc), where the financial arrangements aren't tied specifically to the bike as collateral -- if that's the case, then there really isn't an obligation for you to carry the insurance because the loan is a personal loan, not a collateral (liened) loan.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Then that's good at least if they do it as a credit or personal loan, I think that is what they were talking about. I know Kawasaki has a simillar credit type of deal like that.

Comment

I financed our zzr through my credit union for 3 yrs. Full coverage insurance is $130 a month, but that also includes our liability only insurance on the 500, r1 and kat.

Kawasaki has their own credit card, but I chose a straight up loan from the bank so I don't forget to pay or have that credit balance never go away.

Yeah when I went to my in-town Kawasaki stealership they said it was 7399 msrp, and tried to sell us on one.... I laughed at them knowing we were headed to the dealer in Irving later that week.

I'm sure they would have pushed the price close to $9k otd...

We mistakenly bought our 500 from them the year before for $5k out the door (used). Then I found the Irving dealership selling 500's for less than that new OTD.... Learned that lesson the hard way.

Now if I can only get the wife to want to move up from her 600 to a ZX6r or ZX10 instead of a Repsol CBR we'll be able to use the same dealership.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Well I printed out the price list from the Irving cycle dealer and I know some of the dealers around here say they will match any price from another dealer, so I'm gonna see if that works too, and bring in the print out, cause that is a really good deal. I found one place said they would do it for $6,400, and they said the tax, tag, title, dealer fees were about another $1K, so OTD would be about $7,400 which still isnt too bad, since its only $100 above the msrp. If I can get them to throw in the extended service then it would be a great deal.

Comment

it doesnt say were you are from but the local dealer has one that was droped for about $800 cheaper then that

Comment

I'm near Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Comment

Working...
                                X