Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hey kids! Ideas on colors to paint bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey kids! Ideas on colors to paint bike!

Hey guys! First time posting here. Ibe been lingering in the threads for a while now getting info, just never posted! so here i am!
    I gota question for everyone..... Im having an issue deciding on what to pain my bike.... I have a 2001 Katana 600.... I got it from someone out of craigslist in PA, and they did a custom paint job of purple........ I was going to just live with it, until the teachers at the school i work at (im in IT) started saying that i was riding Barny to work......SOOOOO im changing it lol!!
    Any ideas?? I was going to go with the awsomeness of all black, but the fiance doesnt want it to be all black, says its too bland.......whatever lol.....
    I was maybe thinking of getting like a blue and fad to black the farther back it goes....i duno....
    Any suggestions appreciated!!

Theres plenty of pics on the site to get ideas from. It's really a question of personal preference for color choice

Comment

Yea i know its a personal preference, but i just want to see what others have to say as far as ideas....sometimes others ideas are better than your own.....

Comment

Yellow...

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome If you like black (which I personally think is a good color, even though mine is blue), perhaps you should show the soon-to-be Mrs. some pics of black bikes that are on here. JaxKat (for example) has an awesome looking black with gold trim. Tokalosh has a cool looking black bike as well. Maybe she thinks black is bland because she hasn't seen what a good black bike looks like
          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Oh trust me, i showed the soon-to-be Mrs JaxKat and Tokalosh's bike.....im drooling over them....she just thinks they are too blaa....but there is just soo uch that can stand out with a black bike......... I was also thinking of going for like a midnight blue too.....

Comment

bright colors are alway good, easy to see!

Comment

Mine will go all black .. but will be a mix of shiny and matte black ...

maybe some dark blue .. you know the kind that will shine different color in the sun ? at night you'd get the close to black look you want and under the sun your fiancee will get some nice bright refections
                Guylaine
                Try and keep up now

Comment

Im thinking of an Aqua Metalic blue basecoat, with a top coat of like a Cobalt Blue...... Too much blue??? My main thing is i just cant figure out how much the baescoat is going to effect the top layer.....

Comment

Tell the teachers to go get bent. Haters.
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

if your fiance is telling you what color YOUR bike should be imagine what she will tell you when she's your WIFE.

Comment

they are motorcycle haters.......they think everyone is going to kill themselves on bikes! HAHAHA!

oh she is not telling me what i have to paint it....she said she would rather have me "waste" my money doing a more attractive color with "life" in it lol!
                        Last edited by Scoobydoo; 03-15-2010, 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How about metallics. Mine is metallic black which in the sunlight is more of a dark grey w/speckles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
                            maybe some dark blue .. you know the kind that will shine different color in the sun ? at night you'd get the close to black look you want and under the sun your fiancee will get some nice bright refections
                            I'm in agreance. Throw sone metal fleck in there for a nice sparkle in the sun, but once it gets dark, you'll get that black look.

Or do the black you want with some accent colors. That way "it has life" and you can make it pop!

I do completely agree with you and think that all black is the way to go. But I think a matte black with some purple or burnt orange accents would still look bad a$$ and make wifee happy.
                            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                              Yellow...
                              I like the yellow bike on here also. Also like the black stripes on the yellow.
                              Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X