Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hey kids! Ideas on colors to paint bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bpryz, what do you mean by accent color....? Do you mean a nice speckled jet black basecoat, with a very light misting of like a burnt orange on top?

Comment

I would say a burnt orange

or this

Midnight blue

2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
      2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobydoo View Post
        Bpryz, what do you mean by accent color....? Do you mean a nice speckled jet black basecoat, with a very light misting of like a burnt orange on top?
        Sorry I didn't specify, I meant painting little pieces like bolts and engine covers, heel plates, and calipers. I'll try and find some pictures when I get home from work

Last edited by BPryz; 03-15-2010, 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
        '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

you can also try loading a pic into like a paint program on your computer and just mess around with it there.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for all the ideas! I think i found what color i am going to use!!!!!! Spent literally all day yesterday trying to find the one, but i think i found it! I'll show you all once its done

Comment

are you using a rattle can or do you have a compressor and spray gun you are using?
              Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Go to a local NAPA shop and go through some paint books and decide a color from there. Thats how I found my sunburst orange <---

Comment

umm at this point its rattle can....i was going to use incom tax money to buy a 60gal compressor / tank, but i gota put a new clutch into my 3000gt.......went a little hard at the track last year lol! But yes, its rattle can.
                  I actually found what im going to use.... Went to Alsacorp.com and found two really nice colors im going to use. Aegean Blue and a basecoat of Metalic pearl Nevada silver

Comment

I am stuck with the same delima. I think I'm going with bright orange. I have narrowed it down to that or yellow and black. My other Suzuki's are all yellow and black, and I think look good. You can have rattle can paint mixed to whatever color you want now. If you take your time and know what you are doing it can make a good paint job.
                    Last edited by ZUKI71; 03-18-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

before you get all into this project, and it sounds like a cool project, keep in mind that you can just toss a basecoat of a light colour, and cover it with a dark colour. You wont even notice the basecoat. Unless you can get a transperant blue or blue pearl in a claer coat shooting the silver is a waste of time and money. Sorry to burst your bubble like that. your pearls and metallics are a top coat product. see if you can find a pearl blue clear coat and spray that on the silver. it'll give it an awesome shine and a really nice effect on all the edges and corners.

Comment

troll through the KOTM winners and pics and you'll be sure to find some awesome ideas. or go with blue cause its the fastest colour
                        1999 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                        X