No announcement yet.
X

Luggage rack fabrication

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have pictures in photobucket, but how do I put them onto this forum?

Comment

I have a rack, it mounts to the grab rail. I can take some measurements tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by albion2 View Post
        I have pictures in photobucket, but how do I put them onto this forum?
        Copy the IMG code that is under your photos in photobucket, and paste it in your message.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have a Renntec rack, it is really nice, looks pretty much like this.

The main tube (the tube that bolts to the bike) is 3/4 OD and 0.1 wall thickness.
          The rack tubes are 5/8 and have a 0.062 wall thickness.

Comment

I gots the Renntec as well . Solid .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              I have a Renntec rack, it is really nice, looks pretty much like this.

The main tube (the tube that bolts to the bike) is 3/4 OD and 0.1 wall thickness.
              The rack tubes are 5/8 and have a 0.062 wall thickness.
              Do you have a model number or something? I went to their website, and neither rack coming up for a GSX750F looks like your's; I like the little backrest thingie for passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by crackedpot View Post
                Do you have a model number or something? I went to their website, and neither rack coming up for a GSX750F looks like your's; I like the little backrest thingie for passengers.

I said it looked like that, that isn't mine.

Comment

Originally posted by crackedpot View Post

I see it . Both pre AND post .

Comment

you have one too right, Mat?

Comment

Yup . Got a trunk to mount on it , too . That's what the plate's for (obviously ) .

Comment

photo bucket.

The problem is ,when I got to Photobucket for my pictures there AINT no IMG code showing under the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by albion2 View Post
                          The problem is ,when I got to Photobucket for my pictures there AINT no IMG code showing under the pictures.
                          If you're looking at the whole album, put the mouse over the picture and a little box will drop down below like this.....

And if you're looking at the picture itself, it will be off to the left, like this.....

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

pm sent
                            98 GSX750F Kat
                            07 GSF1250S Bandit (her's)

Comment

I think Renntec is the only company that makes a rack for the Kat. It costs $169.99 US, I e-mailed the manufacturer in England and they would ship one direct to me as there is no CDN distributor for Renntec. I think the costs would work out around the same.

Anyone deal with either Revsperformance or Renntec?

Comment

Do keep in mind that solid bar is substantial heavier than hollow and weight does matter even though its easier to bend and weld.
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...