No announcement yet.
X

South African Kat!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i got the katana from my father when i was 17(im 19 now). I begged my father for that bike since i can remember. That bike actually has a history. It holds the record till today for the fastest bike on the quartermile in our town(which i wont mention) . Im not exactly sure what has been done to the bike,but it is not standard anymore. The bikes original coulor was candy apple red and black,will try to post a pic. But one day my father wanted to polish the bike and it fell over,it had the full fairing. He then painted it corsa purple and silver,cost him a bottle of whiskey and coke. It is actually the 1000cc striker. That bike drives like a new one. Every saturday i pull it out and polish the whole day. I wouldve liked to visit one of your kat rallies,but ill get there one day

Comment

Jealous I am... my father wouldn't give me the steam off his s**t great that it's staying in the family and being looked after and loved - keep it up

Engelskmannen.
      Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

welcome, great looking bike. What year is it?

Comment

Welcome Juandre,
          Nice bike. Secunda is not to far for me as I am in Cape Town so I can get there and steal it!!!!!. Lots of info for you here on this site. I can see it is a Striker by the carbs. They were unique to South Africa. Some say they are quicker than the 1100's. Maybe we should try it some time!!!
          Cheers
          Mel
          PS. That's my bike on the left
          MelWain

Comment

Howzit.New to this site myself.I live in Hermanus,western cape.I have two Kat's i'm trying to finish.My problem is a single ring(bottom) broke(dont ask !) and the agents won't sell me a ring,only a set at the tune of 3k ! Can anyone help?it is a stock standard 1100.

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!....

Comment

Dis nou Fokken Lekker Boet

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreeek View Post
                  Dis nou Fokken Lekker Boet
                  Bliksem!! Hoe praat jy nou!
                  MelWain

Comment

Damn... thats one of the nicest vintage kats i've ever see. Keep it that way!

Comment

Wow man, awesome Kat! I have never seen a Katana like that! Welcome to the forums
                      - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Now thats a nice looking bike! want to sell it?
                        sigpic
                        "Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire."

Comment

Working...
                        X