X

Squeaky back break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky back break

I put new pads in my 2006 gsx600f back breaks last year. it squeaks now if I break medium to hard. Any ideas why.?

Common issue around here, had the same myself. I put on some anti-squeel and it somewhat helped, best thing is time to let them set it properly.

Comment

Im having the same problem, such a horrible noise

Comment

Me too. Strange in the mornings nothing. But in the evenings that noise.

Comment

I can't remember the last time i used the rear brake......
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            I can't remember the last time i used the rear brake......
            I use it habitually so that it is also habitual in an emergency stop. More of a preference thing, I prefer the feeling the rear brake in combination gives as well to stops.
            - Purplehaze
            All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Anti squeel will cure it in most cases. It basically dampens the vibration from passing metal to metal. Also use brake cleaner, somtimes it is brake dust.

Comment

Check your pads. My rear brake is squealing like hell and it annoys me to no end. So I removed the rear pads and noticed they are chipping small Peices and I can see the ceramic and fiber mix material is very cheap. I bough cheap pads off ebay like and idiot trying to save money. I clean them, wiped the rotor clean and sanded the surface of the pads slightly. It was quite for about 10 stops then it got really loud again. I blame brake noise on loose parts or dirty pads/rotors.

Comment

Working...
                X