bi-xenon projectors mod in details

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevefin78 View Post
    You'll wish you never asked now lol
    Ok so where can i get clear glass that will fit my headlight (are other bike lens a direct fit? And how do i fit/glue/ seal the clear lens
    lens is screw on, with that adapter what you get in package. but there can be small stuff in the way so you might have to chopp those, see my video.

guy used plexyglass, plastic and clear, when heated can be shaped with vacum forming.
    as much as i can tell i think he made it a bit bigger than original so he glued it to his fairing. i might be wrong ill take a look.

next
    sigpic

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Fyi: Pre Kat lens can be ground and polished to make them clear or mod in another light, like an early GSXR. I think an early GSXR with projectors may look good.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-24-2014, 01:17 AM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
          be free to ask questions, if you want i could make you a drawing of wiring this stuff up
          If you're willing to do a wiring diagram, that would be awesome. I kind of want to see how much wiring is involved.

Still on the fence about this project... more or less my underwear got caught while I was trying to jump over (wiring ).

EDIT: Anyone ever have issues with their 98+ Kat having a really dirty headlight? For some reason, mine has some "splotchiness" on it that just won't come out at all. It almost looks like it's on the inside of the headlight...
          Last edited by Aaron-71; 06-24-2014, 12:54 PM.
          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
          - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
            If you're willing to do a wiring diagram, that would be awesome. I kind of want to see how much wiring is involved.

Still on the fence about this project... more or less my underwear got caught while I was trying to jump over (wiring ).

EDIT: Anyone ever have issues with their 98+ Kat having a really dirty headlight? For some reason, mine has some "splotchiness" on it that just won't come out at all. It almost looks like it's on the inside of the headlight...
            if you do need some further explanation let me know. this one was done rather quickly
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

use this pay less alert guys,
              only 28.5$ or 23Euros for 2 projectors!
              sigpic

Comment

Is this the kit I should be looking for?

It doesn't say anything about the kind of bulbs that will be shipped with the kit... just says...

"2x HID bulbs for the projectors (proprietary product)"

Everything else looks correct from my perspective.

What do ya guys think?
                - Aaron

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181344051818...MakeTrack=true

Is this the kit I should be looking for?

It doesn't say anything about the kind of bulbs that will be shipped with the kit... just says...

"2x HID bulbs for the projectors (proprietary product)"

Everything else looks correct from my perspective.

What do ya guys think?
                  mine were without angel eyes and masks, youll be given bulbs for this type of projectors whatever kind they are. but... some projectors use DS1 something (expencive bulbs)
                  mine are H1 9E pair.. around 11$
                  ask the seller for more info
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                    mine were without angel eyes and masks, youll be given bulbs for this type of projectors whatever kind they are. but... some projectors use DS1 something (expencive bulbs)
                    mine are H1 9E pair.. around 11$
                    ask the seller for more info
                    Charlie,

Did you end up using a TDR relay with your set-up?

I was asking around to a few people recently what they used to get rid of the "hot-striking" when the motorcycle starts up and the lights flash imtermitently for a few moments as the bike cranks over.

In my search I found a thread that used a "positively-switched" TDR relay system, and another that used a "negatively-swtiched" TDR relay system (much earlier versions of the HID projector mod used a negatively-switched system).

But a positive-switched TDR and a negative-switched TDR are not the same... so this leaves me puzzled as to which TDR relay I should order and how it should be wired up properly...

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.... or even just telling me if our bikes are positively-switched or negatively-switched wired would alleviate my parts ordering issues...
                    - Aaron

Comment

Charlie,

Did you end up using a TDR relay with your set-up?

I was asking around to a few people recently what they used to get rid of the "hot-striking" when the motorcycle starts up and the lights flash imtermitently for a few moments as the bike cranks over.

In my search I found a thread that used a "positively-switched" TDR relay system, and another that used a "negatively-swtiched" TDR relay system (much earlier versions of the HID projector mod used a negatively-switched system).

But a positive-switched TDR and a negative-switched TDR are not the same... so this leaves me puzzled as to which TDR relay I should order and how it should be wired up properly...

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.... or even just telling me if our bikes are positively-switched or negatively-switched wired would alleviate my parts ordering issues...
                      just think about it. your bike is one big ground (mass) basically the wires are + (positive)-not all
                      so you can use ground from anywhere of the bike, and place a relay on just one from bat +
                      i didnt use any relays because i have a light switch on my throtle side instaled (stock) so i can ride without lights or switch to only position lights or headlights.
                      best way to eliminate headlights is to buy a external switch and use it for headlights.
                      get wires from your baterry and connect to headlights via relay, relay jump start via that external switch, and use your allready instaled wires for high beam to control the brackets inside projectors. there, done.
                      Last edited by FJCharlie; 09-13-2014, 05:50 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X