X

Got gas, spark and compression, still no start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got gas, spark and compression, still no start

I didn't ride my '97 750Kat for 8 days; usually this results in a rough start but the other day I drained the battery trying to start her. Next day pulled everything off and checked the plugs; wet with gas an pretty dirty; cleaned plugs and still no start(drained a car battery trying). Pull plugs again, they are wet, test all plugs for spark, all plugs have spark.

Check petcock and fuel lines, everything is flowing freely.

Check all wiring to and from the coils, everything is connected

Buy a can of starter fluid and spray down the carb intakes...no start.

Pull Spark plugs again, spray starter fluid in to the cylinder and quickly put plugs back in and hook up tank...no start.

What kind of engine getting gas, starter fluid, spark and lots of cranking amps doesn't fire up!!!!

This is my main ride and I'm going CrAzzzZZZzyyYYYY !!!!!!

Any help would be awesome

Thanks

Hemp in San Francisco

check air filter , plugged or something building a nest and you need air to make fire
    wet plugs dont work well , IMO you can't clean plugs I would replace with NEW
    I would leave em out so it can air out /dry out
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      check air filter , plugged or something building a nest and you need air to make fire
      wet plugs dont work well , IMO you can't clean plugs I would replace with NEW
      I would leave em out so it can air out /dry out
      +1 or at the very least clean them again and heat each one up with a torch before installing them back in the head. *disclaimer* not near the bike or any flammable liquids!
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Is your exhaust plugged? Mine had an issue starting. I pulled the exhaust and found about 2 pounds of acorns, sunflower seeds, and corn kernels. The increased back pressure made it really hard to start.

Dannyj
        1999 Katana 750 K&N filter, Yoshi slip-on, 2nd LED strobe brake light, white LED driving lights mounted on the front reflector bracket, amber LED strobes for PGR missions and funerals, American and PGR Flag mount. Because its the right thing to do!

Comment

This is unlikely but it does happen, is the cam shaft turning? A car with a broken timing belt won't start.

Comment

spray that starter fluid in the airbox, see if that helps
            Captain of Squad 11

Comment

if your sure your getting spark, and you have compression...then either for some reason your not getting air or some how it jumped time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Dylan View Post
                This is unlikely but it does happen, is the cam shaft turning? A car with a broken timing belt won't start.
                You'd hear the pistons greeting the valves quite loudly .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X