X

Thinking about picking up a new bike.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about picking up a new bike.

I was thinking about buying a used F4i and i saw this one http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/4739865084.html

01, decently low mileage but a few problems is it worth paying around 2,000 and fixing it up? Not sure what it'll need exactly.

Hey! That looks like mine!
    Looks like the fuel gauge doesn't work on that one either, LOL.
    Seems like a fair price if you are willing and able to bring it up to snuff....Just my $.02

Oh yeah, if you pick it up and those size 13 boots don't fit ya, PM me for my address
    THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

Haha alright, Ima size 12 1/2 But if I dont like em You get first dibs! Hopefully I can get it going.

Comment

So i'm set to pick it up this saturday, He says it started for about a minute and then died, so I think I'm going to change the oil and coolant when I first get it then I need to figure out why it wont start, Sounds like he has the gas sitting 9 months then fouled up the plugs with bad gas right? Anyone know about these Hondas mechanically?

Comment

I rebuilt an F2 from top to bottom but ended up dropping an F3 in the F2 frame. That's about all I got. Those f4i's are another beast tho.
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

You are probably right about the gas, and how about the battery? has it been sitting 9 months as well? Take a fresh one with you.
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Snagged it up yesterday. Not as pretty as in the pictures but still pretty good. Will have to look for a good deal on a nice silver tail fairing as this one has a few cracks which the saddlebags cover up nicely for now. The bike runs great when i got there first thing i noticed was a microphone blocking off the exhaust. Apparently the previous owner was a drama and chior teacher and one of his studens stuck it in there and he didnt notice it. The chain was heavily rusted so i got some kerosene on a rag and tackled it with a wire wheel now it looks excellent and none of the links lock up. Will end up getting a stock sprocket set with a new chain anyhow though as he has it set up for torque. I will also probably be rigging the fan wires to the thermo switch properly or setting up my own toggle switch. Bad news Doc, the boots fit nicely :P but it came with a black fiberglass rear fairing that gets rid of the back seat if you would like dibs on that. Also it has a power commander! Either way im pretty happy just wish i could find some decent silver and black fairings under 500 bucks like the katana fairing kits. The only problem I am having with it is the mirrors are so rusted at the joint where they fold in that I cannot fold them or even unscrew the bolt. Ive soaked it in penetrating oil for hours and no luck yet any ideas? Also what oil do you run doc?
              Last edited by HighRisk; 11-07-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Finally riding again and i've gotten a chance to stretch the new bikes legs, Gee this CBR has some power. Miss how comfortable the Kat was, Will need to buy myself a new one :P

Comment

Looks sharp!

There's plenty of Kats in the area that go for a decent price and look to be in good shape. If you're patient you'll be able to snag one under 2k in good shape when you're ready to add one back to the stable.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

All the kats im seeing are so beaten up and they still want almost KBB value. Might just pick up a completely junked one and make it a project

Comment

Oooooo, been there, not worth it.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Might just sit back and wait for a super good deal then. I could get one of those 650f Fuel injected Katanas.

Comment

Yeah me too...
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

I've heard mixed reviews about the GSXF650 though, Any thoughts on if it's worth the extra grand or so for 10 more HP FI and updated cosmetics/gauges?

Comment

You'll have to ride one for yourself to see if it fits want your wanting. I find bikes are like music, everyone has there own taste but, most will only follow a fad. I like my KAT, don't want to ever get rid of it but, I wouldn't pass up the 650. I like the style and performance, a mild up grade to the KAT.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X