X

The Hayabusa Fork Setup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered one from them last month...........it was the 30x47x13

But I used it to put the busa front end into my chop frame thats head tube is based on the gsxr / gsxf

the bearing worked a treat for me and only took 6 days to turn up
    Toys.........
    1985 LT250 - modified
    1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
    2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
    2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

6 days? I got mine in 2 days. Just need to find a washer to make up the missing 2mm

Comment

your bearing didn't have to travel as far as mine did:mrgreen:
        Toys.........
        1985 LT250 - modified
        1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
        2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
        2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

Lol, makes sense now

Comment

The setup makes it to the UK, how awesome is that for me! I am so glad to see that many are liking this setup. Good luck to all of you and feel free to send PM's if you have any questions or maybe just talk shop.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

This is sick Im saving up !!!!

First rear 08 R6 shock then when i have saved enough an find a good deal on forks ill post it up im sure ill have questions.

summer is hear time to make that money hopefully ill be cornering twice as hard before Aug.
              99 GSX-Fighter
              Carbon RS3 Yoshi

Comment

You have a Post Kat. R6 shock WILL NOT work. It's for 97 and older only dood.

Comment

The Katana upper is 25x47x15
                  Hayabusa 30x47x12

47mm is ~1.85"
                  3mm is ~1/8"

If you want to use the Hayabusa bearing kit with your swap, use a 1.85" dia 1/8" thick washer drilled to fit over the stem under the lower race or on top of the upper bearing. Saves buying a $40 bearing to do the swap.

Best to drill the center with 30mm bit and file it out a little so it's slightly oversized enough to drop over the stem without you having to touch it. The fit on the stem will keep it from going off-center and potentially putting undue stress on the bearing race under load vertical loads.

Yes, I'm cheap.
                  Last edited by Christ; 09-22-2012, 01:20 AM.
                  Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                    The Katana upper is 25x47x15
                    Hayabusa 30x47x12

47mm is ~1.85"
                    3mm is ~1/8"

If you want to use the Hayabusa bearing kit with your swap, use a 1.85" dia 1/8" thick washer drilled to fit over the stem under the lower race or on top of the upper bearing. Saves buying a $40 bearing to do the swap.

Best to drill the center with 30mm bit and file it out a little so it's slightly oversized enough to drop over the stem without you having to touch it. The fit on the stem will keep it from going off-center and potentially putting undue stress on the bearing race under load vertical loads.

Yes, I'm cheap.
                    Very good information and I am cheap also but I like ease LMAO
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

• rear shock?

OK so this project is sick! I have an '06 600 so shouleasy.easy But can anyone give me a parts list for the rear now? Its probably easier than im thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by tstew325 View Post
                        OK so this project is sick! I have an '06 600 so shouleasy.easy But can anyone give me a parts list for the rear now? Its probably easier than im thinking.
                        You can use a Hayabusa rear shock but you will need custom dog bones because the Busa shock is longer than the Katana shock. I haven't done this on a 06 but sure would like to see what others have to say about possible shock swaps.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                        X