X

Cold Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Issues

My bike has always had a slight issue with RPM's. During the summer I had problems with it getting too hot and revving around 2500rmp at idle (which I managed to correct by adjusting the idle adjuster on the left side of the bike). Now that it has gotten colder outside, I'm having difficulty starting the bike. Sometimes I have to turn the adjuster all the way back up, then full choke, and turn the throttle a couple times to get the bike to start. Once it warms up, I have to readjust the idle adjuster to bring the rpms back down. Is there something wrong with the carbs that could couse this problem? Also, at a good idle speed, the needle bounces on rpm (it's not a constant speed, idleing around 1100, and bouncing up to around 1250 every so often). Any thoughts?
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

set the petcock to prime for about 30 and open the choke all the way and then try to fire, and set the petcock back to ON....My kat was cold natured also, any thing under 30* and she wasn't havin it without the dump of gas into the carbs...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

darn good cleaning concentrating on the pilot/idle circut, then a good sync
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
        darn good cleaning concentrating on the pilot/idle circut, then a good sync
        What he said!
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

good info, I have that same issue during the cold mornings
          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Working...
          X