X

BP's how-to on brake bleeding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP's how-to on brake bleeding

I'm going to be bleeding my brakes in a couple weeks, thing is my lines are completely dry. Would BP's technique work well for bleeding a completely dry system? Or should I invest in one of those mity vac units?

I have never used a vac unit. I always did it the old way. I am sure BPs method will work just fine

Comment

It might be pretty hard to bleed a completely dry system...you might want to add some fluids first !
      1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

BP's method works fine. Mine was dry after a brake line change. Although, I did it a little differently. I used a medicine syringe to draw the fluid down. Much like a mity-vac but it was free (came with the youngun's meds). A better way (if not using speedbleeders) is to force the fluid up the line, pushing the air out the way it naturally wants to go.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
          BP's method works fine. Mine was dry after a brake line change. Although, I did it a little differently. I used a medicine syringe to draw the fluid down. Much like a mity-vac but it was free (came with the youngun's meds). A better way (if not using speedbleeders) is to force the fluid up the line, pushing the air out the way it naturally wants to go.
          I've heard some people like to put the caliper above the mc to help flush the air out, but I may give your method a try. It sounds like it would work pretty well.

Comment

Anyone want my take??

I would do the reverse method..
            Fill the syringe and force the fluid up to the master cylinder. Trying to fill the system from the master cylinder to the caliper can be a lot of work..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              Anyone want my take??

Fill the syringe and force the fluid up to the master cylinder. Trying to fill the system from the master cylinder to the caliper can be a lot of work..
              That's what I said! I remember you mentioning that. If I didn't have the speedbleeders installed, that would have been my method of choice.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Anyone want my take??

Not really!

I'll give that method a try, seems like it would work the best

Comment

Working...
                X