Spark plug wires
    Ignitor unit(CDI)
    Circuit breaker
    Signal Generator
    Kickstand switch
    Fuse box is good along with all the fuses
    Ignition switch
    Starter solenoid

I have power all the way up to the cdi but no power to the coils. This bike was a rebuild. Took everything off down to the frame and back up replacing LOTS of parts. I even went through the wiring harness and made sure of no open wires or defects. The bike turns over just fine but no spark. Any help is much much much appreciated!

How many volts do you have at the coils? It's the orange wire.

Comment

all of them got 2.8 exactly.. the manual said anything between 2-4 volts were good.

Comment

Originally posted by JARhodes View Post
        all of them got 2.8 exactly.. the manual said anything between 2-4 volts were good.
        Um, that should be 12 volts or more with the Key On. That's a direct line to the battery. Something isn't right, measure the other wire.

Comment

Are you sure you didn't read ohms? It has to be 12v-14v. Measure it with your ground wire to the - terminal on the battery. If you have 12v then, you have a bad ground somewhere.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

well i have nothing to the wires that hook into the coils i just tested the resistance of the coils to see if they were good.

Comment

Originally posted by JARhodes View Post
              well i have nothing to the wires that hook into the coils i just tested the resistance of the coils to see if they were good.
              Key on you have no voltage at all to the coils? Well, there's your problem! Do you have a wiring schematic?

Comment

I think i might have something not hooked up right. Idk just gonna keep playing with a volt meter.

Comment

Working...
                X