X

replacing the air box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing the air box

i recently had to replace my fuel lines on my 1991 katana 750, now on mine that meant taking the air box off to get to both ends of the lines but the problem im having now is that no matter what i do one of the sleeves from the air box deosnt seem to want to slip on, just wondering if anyone knows of a easy trick to solve this problem, thanks.

Remove filter, insert hand.

Put the airbox on the carbs before you put the carbs on the bike. Way easier to do and also way easier to make sure you've got all 4 boots sealed to the carbs.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

+1

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

a little silicone lube spray on the rubber may also help
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

well didnt have to take the carbs off just the box and ya been usin wd 40 as a lube but one or two of em always seem to snag on the carb, and this will be a stupid question but the carb ring should completely dissapear inside the boot right? i ask because i thought at one point i had it on completely and could still c the carb ring but felt like it was in all the way

Comment

the boots should go on the carb about 1/4 or 3/8 of an inch
            when the boots are all the way on the bolts that secure the box to the frame should line up
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

did not think of that, thx alot i just get nervous about seein that carb at all stickin out ya know hate to tear it apart agian to fix this, will try that and post up wear i get

Comment

Working...
              X