No announcement yet.
X

It happened

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that its inevitable but everyone says its not if you crash but when you crash. hopefully this will be the only one for me.

Details: 4 lanes of traffic on thurs. afternoon at 5:00. Some dipshit about 3 cars ahead of me decides to lock em up so he wouldn't miss the turn into the bar. Then there was the chain reaction. Of course I lost. I think that being such a newbie that i panicked didn't help, so i laid the bike down. There was no where else to go except through the back window of the car in front of me. I must say it could have been worse.

Comment

Ouch, man, glad to hear you will be alright.

Your story gets me worked up! I hate those cars who stop short to make turns or turn around or whatever they are doing because they arent paying attention or cant follow simple directions! I know you are supposed to follow at a safe distance, blah blah blah, but we all know that sometimes we dont. I've had quite a few near misses where i've had to brake for my life coming [--] this close to rear ending someone because they are idiots.

Comment

I never understand why they justdon't go up a bit further and turn around

Heal up quick bud.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Damn dude, that sucks to hear about.

Almost the same thing happened to me about a month ago. Mine just wasn't as bad. Instead of a back window, I just hit the pavement. The bike only slid about 10 - 15 feet then got wedged under a Ford Explorer.

Heal up fast and get the bike back on the road!
          -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

dam man. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you have a speedy recovery, both you and the kat
            Roops Photography|facebook|
            03 GSXR 1000
            04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
            Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Hang in there ROTTYTHNDR... Get well.
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

That sucks MooseC$$k! glad your ok..did you start thinking of rebuilding the Kat while in the hospital? If so you are the man!!good luck bro and take care.

Comment

Working...
                X