X

98+ Front Wheel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ Front Wheel

OK, I have searched and can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. I recently purchased a 98+ rear wheel. Since it does not have the sweep to it I was wondering if a 98+ front wheel is a direct bolt on to keep the same style wheel on the bike.

Also the rear wheel came with a 47 tooth rear sprocket, can I install this with changing the chain.

Thanks for any information
    sigpic93 Katana
    98+ Rear Wheel 170/60/17 47 tooth Rear Sprocket
    Vance and Hines SS2R Custom Airbrushing

03 Alstare 600
    Salvaged title (lol)

The front wheel from the 98+ doesn't have the deal you need for the speedo , so you'd at LEAST have no speedo even if it DOES bolt on .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I may be waaaay off track here, but I THINK the 98-02 front rims have the speedo hook up. Then it went away in 03 when they changed front rims.

Like I said... I'm not for sure on this.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Not sure for the years but I've used a post-98 front rim and as I remember I could have used the standard speedocable with it.

Comment

Yes the 98-02 front rims have the speedo pick up in them. You can also use a SV650 front rim from the same years. You will have to have the 98+ rotors and the bearings are the same for the pre98 front rim. I would replace them with new though.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Re: 98+ Front Wheel

Originally posted by Nacks93
            Also the rear wheel came with a 47 tooth rear sprocket, can I install this with changing the chain.
            I believe that the +2 sprocket size will require a longer chain. (If your current is a 45)
            -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
            -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
              Yes the 98-02 front rims have the speedo pick up in them. You can also use a SV650 front rim from the same year.
              my 99 does not but there are spacers on each side that might interchange.

Comment

Working...
              X