Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Decals or No Decals? That is the question!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decals or No Decals? That is the question!

I recently got ran off the road and the all the fairings are getting replaced. I had a Blue 2000 Kat, and have replaced the tail with an '05 Space Black tail. All the remaining fairings are also getting replaced with the '05 Black fairing as well... so... Here is the question...

Should I leave the stock decals on or remove them?
    Yes! Remove those decals! A clean black bike is super sexy!
    40.00%
    No! Leave it alone, there are so many solid black Kats out there that having the decals will actually set it apart.
    36.00%
    Remove some, but not all of the decals... I left details in the comments section...
    24.00%
    2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
    2008 GSXR 600

I voted get those decals off ... personely I don't like them ... but like you said in your poll .. lots of naked black Kats around too .... I'm the customize it your style more then stock or naked.

Some nice original decals in your favorite color besides black would look awesome.
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Keep the Suzuki Logo that is on the tank.....Everything else must go!
      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

I say leave them. Some of the bikes with the totally NO decals looks like they were wrecked and just repainted a solid color.

I do like the black kat with the only decal being the SUZUKI written on the lower fairing though.

Post up some pics. I want to see which set of decals is on your fairing.
        Roops Photography|facebook|
        03 GSXR 1000
        04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
        Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

It all boils down to personal taste and preference. Just go with what your gut tells you!
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

As requested

As requested... here is a pic with the decals (except replace GSXF with Katana, and that is what I have) of which I am talking about:

2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
            2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo
              It all boils down to personal taste and preference. Just go with what your gut tells you!
              I'm torn, that is why I am asking what you good people think...
              2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
              2008 GSXR 600

Comment

I think it looks better with the stickers, and one advantage is that if you ever lightly let it down, the stickers will be scratched, and you can just peal them off and still have a nice paint job.

When I had my last kat, it was laid down pretty bad, and after I took off the stickers it wasnt that bad.

I think that if the Kat didnt come with decals, people would be putting on the decals and thinking how cool they look.. But its always about being unique though and doing something different... and doing a 'mod'.

I would definately say to do the mesh mod if you wanted to do a lil something before putting on the fairings though.
                Roops Photography|facebook|
                03 GSXR 1000
                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I say leave the tail decals but lose the fronts.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Off with em....
                    Me
                    http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Comment

I think you should take them off and put one unique small sticker somewhere

Comment

That would look perfect if you removed the 600 decals and replaced them with some nice silver Katriders decals!
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

I say off, I stripped mine. I left the Suzuki on and made new 750 stickers out of reflective tape. Of course, us Pre's had some pretty ugly tape jobs/color combo's, IMO. So they had to go.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I say fit pre 98 fairing with stickers..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                              I say fit pre 98 fairing with stickers..

You soooo funny.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X