X

New Member and rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and rider

Hey guys. I'll start with the basics - My name's Cameron, I'm 19, live in Welland, Ontario Canada. My first bike I bought in 2013, a 1999 GS500E with around 65k KM's. I recently bought a 1988 Katana 600 and finished doing a bit of work to it to try to sell it off - I'm hoping to make a bit of money on the side and learn what I'm doing better to open up a motorcycle dealership once I have the capital and experience. Now, I heard a few things about here from GTAMotorcycle, so I figure'd I'd join and ask my questions.

A) On a 1988 Katana 600, is the oil level supposed to be measured while the bike is off, or while the bike is on? Warm oil or cold?

B) How much is a non-original 1988 Katana 600 worth with new paint (BC/CC), new EBC cork clutch, oil change, new tires, braided brake lines? I'm currently trying to sell it but not really sure what to expect to get out of it. If you're interested in it and near the area you can shoot me a message.

Thanks for you guys' help!

Welcome Aboard Cameron
    I'm Only 4 Fut 3, But I Look A Lot Bigger From A Distance?

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Same as a car: shut the engine off & try to get the bike as level as you can
      view oil level in the sight glass.
      Your bike is only worth what someone else is willing to pay/
      Here in Ontario $1500,00 /

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
        As was mentioned you trun the engine and wait about 40 seconds for the oil to settle, then with the bike levle (not on side stand, I use the center stand myself) you check oil levle window.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome from another new rider
          2001 GSX600F Katana Yellow

Comment

Welcome. +1 the the statements, use craigslist or similar to get an idea of what they are being priced at in your area.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X