X

New katana in california... emissions question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New katana in california... emissions question

just recently bought a 2001 suzuki katana not to long ago. rides great and runs great. One question though...

the katana was orginally plated in nevada and im in california. The bike sat for a good amount of time so it only has 1500 miles. I want to know if i will be able to register it in california because nevada might meet the emissions requirement? where would the sticker be located?

if not, it is over 10 years old so is it except from mileage reading on the title? i know it has to be over 7500 to be excempt from the emissions check.. im just a little confused on how to get this bike registered in california

If a bike first sold out of state, I'm pretty sure you need 7500 miles on it before you can register it here.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

+1
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

damn.. thats a lot of miles i gotta rack up.. only 1500 it has..
        it is registered in neveda but it sat so it wasnt reregiter.. plates have stickers from 07 =/

Comment

6000 miles, that'd only take me 2 months. I can always borrow it for a few weeks if you're desperate
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

Comment

I'm sure age will weigh into it also, but, knowing California, not by much.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Actually, just had a thought. If it was originally from NV, there's s good chance its CA emissions equipped. Does it have a little fan by the carbs that turns on when you shut off the bike?
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Haven't checked but will.. Where would the emissions sticker be?

Comment

Just look at the left side of the fairing near the shifter, is there a round screened hole in the fairing there? If there is, it has Cali emissions equipment installed or should have or did have.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                  X