X

power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power

does anyone no how much hp a 98 kat.has?/ mine has full yoshe exaust/jet kit/and hot cams

should have said 600cc
    Last edited by joseph2027; 12-11-2008, 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic

5hp 64000lb ft. tq

nah im kidding

wtf are hot cams.... like warm cams or u stole some

Comment

heck i never heard of them ether but thats what the guy at britt motorsports told me?

i think he was feeding aload of bulls$#@
      Last edited by joseph2027; 12-11-2008, 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      sigpic

Comment

hot cams is a aftermarket cam company but the guys full of **** they only do atv and dirt bike stuff
        I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph2027 View Post
          heck i never heard of them ether but thats what the guy at britt motorsports told me?
          Lol good excuse to buy something I guess

I hope those are older GSXR cams.

oh yeah, Katana 600= 75ish hp
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

that wasn't the only lie they told me! but i got the bike for 2500. and got new tires tossed in

igot it for 2500 with new tires ithas 14500
            Last edited by joseph2027; 12-11-2008, 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            sigpic

Comment

Not necessarily full of BS; hot cams is not necessarily a proprietary name, it merely refers to a different profile cam lobe, which has different dynamic properties in terms of valve opening (durations, distance) and therefore the 'breathability' of the engine. Some old GSXR cams can be made to fit Kats, I understand, but you can find more through a search...

Comment

ya 88 gsxr 750 cams... but not hotcams

Comment

Originally posted by joseph2027 View Post
                  does anyone no how much hp a 98 kat.has?/ mine has full yoshe exaust/jet kit/and hot cams

should have said 600cc
                  86hp with your mods(if done right) maybe 90hp

Comment

uuummm, no. At the crank maybe You MIGHT hit 75 HP at the wheel if your lucky

Comment

70 rwbhp or there abouts
                      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

thanks for the help and info
                        sigpic

Comment

Megacycle Cams also makes aftermarket cams for the Katanas. http://www.megacyclecams.com/catalog.../page%2054.pdf
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

^interesting, whats the reasoning for only the 88-90 600? Seems an interesting stretch?
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

because those years are screw valve adjustments. The shim cams are different Screw valve have 4 lobes per cam, shim valves have 8 lobes per cam.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 12-12-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X