Rob - GSXF750 - New Member from Oz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob - GSXF750 - New Member from Oz

Hi all,

Rob here from Australia. Fantastic to see so many Katana enthusiasts in one place.

About 2 months ago I picked myself up a really clean 2000 GSXF750 with just over 7000kms on the clock. It hadn't beed ridden in a while so was a bit rough, running on 3 cylinders, but she didn't have a scratch or mark on her.

After a major service, fuel tank, lines and carbies cleaned and a K&N dropped in she's running pretty sweet.

I put on 4000kms in the last 2 months and shouted her some Metzeler Roadster Z6's yesterday which are just incredible when compared with the worn down 8 year old originals.

I have a tech issue, stalling at about 8000rpm or under full throttle, but I'll elaborate in the tech forum later.

It's great to be on here and hopefully I can contribute and get some questions answered as well.

Cheers,
    Rob

I'm willing to bet the stalling has to do with the K&N, where's arsenic when you need him
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      I'm willing to bet the stalling has to do with the K&N, where's arsenic when you need him

Its probably your K&N
      -
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Welcome aboard! so your bike falls on its face at 8k? If you let off gas about a 5th of a turn, does it recover? or does it run good a 2/3 throttle and go flat at full? if so, it sounds like your mains are lean. Install larger mains(005 over stock).

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
        Hi all,

Rob here from Australia. Fantastic to see so many Katana enthusiasts in one place.

About 2 months ago I picked myself up a really clean 2000 GSXF750 with just over 7000kms on the clock. It hadn't beed ridden in a while so was a bit rough, running on 3 cylinders, but she didn't have a scratch or mark on her.

After a major service, fuel tank, lines and carbies cleaned and a K&N dropped in she's running pretty sweet.

I put on 4000kms in the last 2 months and shouted her some Metzeler Roadster Z6's yesterday which are just incredible when compared with the worn down 8 year old originals.

I have a tech issue, stalling at about 8000rpm or under full throttle, but I'll elaborate in the tech forum later.

It's great to be on here and hopefully I can contribute and get some questions answered as well.

Cheers,
        Rob

Comment

Hey Benny,

If I'm cruising in 6th at about 5000rpm and give it a full twist, it's when the problem starts and she's coughing and farting up the rev range.

If I back off just a little bit, the shuddering stops and she accelarates smooth.

Cheers
          Rob

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Rob, from Virginia, USA!
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR Rob! Ride safe
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Comment

welcome to KR
                    sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

Welcomeee!

Comment

welcome to KR .. you seem to be having better luck than most running the k&n .. it is usually considered a not worth a damn mod .. just cause its hard to get tuning across the board .. good luck with it
                        so many roads so little time

Comment

Hello & welcome to KR!!!
                          'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                          ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                          ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders, Rob.
                              2003 Katzuki 600