X

Pic request

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic request

Any chance someone with a pre 750/stock exhaust can take a pic of the underside for me ? I need to see how close the pipe is to the oil pan . I had to take my stock pipe off (long story) , but will be puttin' it back on soon , and need to know if the oil sender I'm fixing to mount will get melted or something by being too close to the pipe if I choose the wrong spot .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Probably. The cross piece on the stock exhaust is right in the middle of everything.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I can get ya a pic MD, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. If you CAN wait that long

Comment

Hope this helps:

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

That DOES help me a bit , DD . Answers one of my questions anyway . I wasn't sure if the connector deal was in front or behind the pan . But , it looks like I can mount the sender high enough on the backside of the pan to be far enough away from the pipes not to melt , especially if I wrap the wire well . Hell , I could probably mount it on one of the sides , too . I guess I'll go with whatever position will give me the easiest wire run . I figured the front would be the least happy spot to mount , as the wind may give an artificially cool reading , road debris , and possible meltage from proximity to the headers . Anyone care to offer some input ?

Comment

If you are that concerned about the insulation melting off the wire, then you have several options. Silicone insulated wire is usually good up to about 300*F, Teflon up to 400*F. Then there are the more exotic insulators with fiberglass jackets that can get you up above 1000*F.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              That DOES help me a bit , DD . Answers one of my questions anyway . I wasn't sure if the connector deal was in front or behind the pan . But , it looks like I can mount the sender high enough on the backside of the pan to be far enough away from the pipes not to melt , especially if I wrap the wire well . Hell , I could probably mount it on one of the sides , too . I guess I'll go with whatever position will give me the easiest wire run . I figured the front would be the least happy spot to mount , as the wind may give an artificially cool reading , road debris , and possible meltage from proximity to the headers . Anyone care to offer some input ?
              How does the sensor mount? I didn't bother to look at it when Marc was walking aroudn with it...
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Well , I thought if I mounted the sender far enough away from the pipe ( hopefully) and have some heat shrink or electrical tape around it , maybe I can keep it from melting .
                The sensor just screws in a hole you gotta drill/tap . Just need the right size bit and odd tap . I gotta find that tap yet , too .
                Does the pipe on the other side look much like the right side ? Looks like the best spot will be high up on the back of the pan ...

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  Well , I thought if I mounted the sender far enough away from the pipe ( hopefully) and have some heat shrink or electrical tape around it , maybe I can keep it from melting .
                  The sensor just screws in a hole you gotta drill/tap . Just need the right size bit and odd tap . I gotta find that tap yet , too .
                  Does the pipe on the other side look much like the right side ? Looks like the best spot will be high up on the back of the pan ...
                  I think you'd want to place it close to the oil returns, no? That way you are getting the "hottest" temp.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                    I think you'd want to place it close to the oil returns, no? That way you are getting the "hottest" temp.
                    Isn't the return after the cooler? that would make it the coolest place...
                    Two goldfish were in their tank.
                    One turns to the other and says,
                    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Hey MD - here's a couple of shots of the LH side.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

I see . 'Preciate it , man . So it looks like I MAY end up sticking it up high near the back (hope the oil level's that high while running ) , or up high on one of the sides . I figured away from the front would keep the cooling of the wind out of the equation and maybe give me a better reading of how hot it's really getting .

Comment

Working...
                        X