X

Popped a wheelie: New found respect for Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popped a wheelie: New found respect for Katana

I really didn't think it was possible nor was I trying to get air! Out with my riding group today a chic that joined up with us out the blue came blowing past me at the light on her Bandit. I attempted to get on it from a stop to catch up with her and a "slight" throttle error created liftoff for about 4 ft. Totally surprised me, didn't think the Kat had it in her. As the subject states I have more respect for my '96 750. I was looking ahead and forward to upgrading to a super sport, but maybe I'll just get the Vince and Hines and jet the carb and enjoy the ride until I can save enough for a T-rex
    Round Rock, TX

They will do it, no doubt. But try not to do it too often, you get addicted...
    Live and Lean.
    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

Comment

You almost 12'd the bike to impress a chick? Ahhh, what the male will do to impress the female. Spread your plumage and take a stroll around her, young upstart....
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

..Wheelies are fun, this is true.. Just try not to do to many on the Kat. The weight on these bikes, uhhg.. You'll blow out your front seals REAL fast..

Comment

are the pre 98's as heavy as the post 98's? i always thought the earlier kats were built more towards the sport side? that was just an assumption based on the looks and how they seem to be a little more powerful than the posts.

Comment

Easy on the guns! I purchased my 94 jetted with a yoshi exhaust, and it could pick up the front shortly and I loved it. One day I gunned out of a light, turned left and raced to the speed limit and leveled out. APPARENTLY the cop behind me didn't think that was ok. His first question was honestly a good one. "Did you even see me behind you?" I got out of it with a stern look and a warning, but it all depends who catches you doing it and what mode they are in.

Comment

i can hold a pretty decent wheelie using the left passenger peg

but yea u can see marks on the front fender where it dug into the headlight peice

so yea. katanas arent made to wheelie (but they can)
              1989 katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                You almost 12'd the bike to impress a chick? Ahhh, what the male will do to impress the female. Spread your plumage and take a stroll around her, young upstart....
                the way i read it was that it hard lifted the wheel off of the ground for 4 feet not that he almost 12d the bike....

Comment

i can 12 mine, however i cant get it to continue through to second or third like i want

Comment

ive got a 97 750 and i cant get the front wheel off but maybe 6in......ive tried preloading and gunning it...and ive tried slippen the clutch at about 20mph and 5000rpm but ive got nothing

Comment

squids.....

riders know how, and why they shouldn't...
                      Just ride.....

Comment

Working...
                      X