Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many miles before your first crash on the street?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep that pretty awful...hahaha

just teasing you.... you will learn, keep at it...

Originally posted by El Chakas View Post
    This is awful but for me it was like 50 miles and dropped it at a stop...
    1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
    1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
    1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
    2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

How about a near-drop?

Sometime in my first year of riding, I came back from some short ride around town simply euphoric at how fun any bit of time on a motorcycle was. I backed into my parking area and triumphantly stepped off only to soon realize that I'd neglected to put the kick stand down.

My leg broke the bikes fall, and I awkwardly caught it before any shiny parts touched the ground. I then learned how damned heavy these things are!

Comment

I'm not going to mention all the drops.... :lol. Those still happen.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

1 +/- yr driving to work in fog and a pickup crossed an intersection with out stopping. struck the rear of the truck and flew into the ditch. walked away with a few scratches. 14K miles.
          "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
          1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
          2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I haven't yet, but am still a new rider at just about 1.5 year and mileage probably still in the mid-hundreds. I'm old now, got all my speed kicks in a racecar when I was younger, so perhaps my odds are better than some. However, being old, my reactions are slower, so I'm most likely to get hit by someone else I suppose.

No drops yet surprisingly. Getting the Kat through the gate at my house is tough work though (the gate is only about 2" wider than the mirrors), have had to leaning more than I wanted on a couple occasions and had to muscle it back upright before it tipped too far.

Comment

havent crashed yet, 34 000miles. but I know it will happen one day
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I've put about ~2,200 on the kat so far. Bought it on Friday the 25th of July 2014. Crashed on Sunday the 27th of July. Didn't ride again until Thursday that week and have rode every day since.. I commute to work as well. I don't have a car on the road right now. Who want to go riding?

Comment

First wreck on Katana was last week. I purchased it July 2013 and a bit over 6k miles later...

I was approaching a stop sign, lots of loose gravel at the end of this road...and a woman in a SUV that was going way to fast to attempt that turn attempted that turn and wound up in my lane.

I looked right into her googley eye sunglasses and I saw the hood of that stupid lady's car fill my field of vision and pitched to the right as hard as I could. I went down and slid in the gravel, off the road into a mud puddle with the bike laying on my leg.

She took off.

I am pretty mad about her ruining my 25+ year no wrecks record. More mad about that than having to fix the bike.

Hurt my shoulder enough to lose strength in my right hand for a week, hip looked like a science experiment.

Was wearing gear. Should see how it peeled everything back from my steel toe, if I was not wearing them I am 90 percent sure I would have at least lost some toes.

This was less than 1/4 mile from the house, on MY STREET FFS.

ggrrrrrrrrrrr

My bruises are purple, yellow, green, and plaid.

Comment

30 years, not sure how many miles......

Comment

Two years here, I'm an early starter.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

2000 miles on my ninja 250 did fine after polly around 500 on my kat got impatient and lane split right into the side of a car pulling across the road to get to mcdonalds about 15 mph learned my lesson now im patient if I was in my car i wpuld be worse off in traffic anyways
                        I just wanna ride my bike
                        2001 katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by elsueco View Post
                          How about a near-drop?
                          Had one on my Kat...
                          Backed out of my driveway and then locked the steering all the way to the right to take off and had that awkward too-tight-too-slow ground stomp.

This one ought to also get a chuckle...
                          Buddy of mine got a 2000 GSXR SRAD 600 early June. Been working on the carbs and whatnot and been helping him due to my experience with carbed bikes. Took it for a test ride to check the tune and the same thing as prior happened. Was pretty much off the seat with one leg holding the beast up and sort of kicked off the ground several times to get it back to managable position. Not about to drop a mate's bike
                          - Purplehaze
                          All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Almost got I'm a serious accident after riding my new kat for about 10 minutes...yes. I've had tons of biking, mtn biking, dirt biking etc riding, everyone in the neighborhood knows me as the motorcycle guy lol. Anyways. Was getting cocky and was seeing the speed and acceleration of the kat compared to previous dirt bikes, my neighborhoods quiet, I was approaching this hill, apexed the turn cranked on the throttle and got to about 60mph going up and cresting the hill, next thing I knew I got to the top and a neighbor was turning into their driveway (From my left, in the other lane) and I almost T boned them going 60mph but damn! I've never stopped that fast, ever! They turned left and I carried on going about 10mph after that, the funny thing is, the old lady didn't even notice I was there or anything that was just about to happen, where as I was completely stunned! It happened so fast. Had no idea weather to stop as best as I could or pin the throttle and try to beat them turning, def made the right choice!

Just goes to show how well you gotta be paying attention, and how driving reckless and irresponsible can do a lot more than you think, even if it is for a few seconds...

Showing off never pays off...well sometimes it does Lesson learned
                            Last edited by Tubs26; 09-29-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I usually find some gravel the hard way every year, I really should look into some sliders lol
                              GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Comment

Sliders for post years are 100 dollars called t Rex sliders made in Dallas tx
                                I just wanna ride my bike
                                2001 katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X